This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

jRPG's that start off right in the action

#1knightoffire55Posted 3/7/2013 6:59:08 PM
You know jRPG's that just put you in a dungeon. No stupid town wandering for the first two hours of gameplay.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2davidvincPosted 3/7/2013 7:07:13 PM
FF3
---
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc
#3davidvincPosted 3/7/2013 7:27:01 PM
FF6, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Wild Arms 3, FF5, FF7, FF10, FF13, DQ1, DQ2, DQ3, DQ4, DQ5, Lufia...

I'm sure I'll think of more.
---
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc
#4LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/7/2013 7:30:10 PM
I was going to say "any roguelike" but then I noticed the topic title said jRPG's.

And it made me think. Its kind of funny, because Japanese roguelikes like Shiren the Wanderer and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon still have a ridiculous amount of exposition.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#5Mega WolfPosted 3/7/2013 7:33:27 PM
Wild Arms 3 intro, Grandia 2 intro, Fate/Extra, Patapon Series, Yggddra Union, Riviera,
sure there are more.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#6SolidKnightPosted 3/7/2013 7:46:23 PM(edited)
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Secret of Mana.
#7KYOJIROKAGENUMAPosted 3/7/2013 8:19:35 PM(edited)
KYOJIROKAGENUMA posted...
Vagrant Story

Parasite Eve 1

Chocobo's Dungeon 2

Final Fantasy X-2

Lufia (2) Rise of the Sinestrals?

Breath of Fire 3

SRW:Z-2 Saisen-hen

Super Mario RPG
#8ShineboxerPosted 3/7/2013 8:15:12 PM
Lost Odyssey.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#9peter_888Posted 3/7/2013 8:19:25 PM
legend of the dragoon
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#10tooweakPosted 3/7/2013 8:25:58 PM
Wild Arms 1, but only for Jack's Scenario (Rudy starts in town, Cecilia's starts in town and has some wandering about). NOTE: USA Vita user? Get it free. PS Store-> featured -> PS Anniversary Bash.

Breath of Fire 3-

FF5-On way towards a town, but something happens. So you take a detour to a dungeon first.

FF6-After intro scene, you may spend some time in a town, but there isn't a chance to explore or shop at this time. but there will be plenty of fighting. So may as well count as dungeon at this point of the game.

FF10-brief town visit, but stuff goes down soon after.

FFX-2: this fits it. Watch the song then chase some baddies.

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (if japan made, but not in the usual japanese style, counts)

WKC2-Scardigne segment (in town, but town is battle area), while main team starts in a one room airship which takes you to an outdoor dungeon once you setup skills.

FF13-2: Got a big fight and a QTE before you get to the first town. Although wandering about town comes soon enough.
---
If you believe the read a book line you spout, you DON'T want us near books. Our buying and whining would degrade books so bad that Twilight looks Shakespearean