This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gaming on a 42 inch too big!?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is gaming on a 42 inch too big!?

User Info: Rhyno69o

Rhyno69o
3 years ago#1
I want to upgrade to a plasma for gaming but they start out at 42 inches. I've been gaming on a 27/32 inch for 15ish years and like to play up close to the tv. Is 42 going to be too big

User Info: fhsfootball74

fhsfootball74
3 years ago#2
If you're real close I'd suggest just sticking with a 32 inch. 40 inches or more up close is just going to hurt your eyes.
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.

User Info: GARahn07

GARahn07
3 years ago#3
In my opinion, no... But it all depends on your setup. If you generally play closer to your tv, then it obviously wouldn't need to be incredibly huge. For example, I play on a 55" and I'm 15ish feet away from my tv, and it's about right for me.
PSN: GARahn

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
3 years ago#4
Every person is different and really it depends on what distance you sit at.

I sit about 7 feet away from a 60 inch screen and it feels just right to me. I want to go bigger actually, though depending on how much bigger I will adjust my distance a bit.

*edit*

In fact we have four 42 inch monitors that we have in our control room at work that sit about 2 feet from me and they feel very "monitor" like to me. Hell I think 50 inch sets look small because a 50 inch set is 44% less screen area than a 60 inch set.

So again it varies quite a bit person to person.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: Ke7hpl

Ke7hpl
3 years ago#5
I own a 32" and its perfect for my setup. But what they said is really true.
Looking for some good, fresh new Drum n' Bass? Check out www.dnbradio.com

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
3 years ago#6
I have a 42 inch and play right in front of the TV, it's not that big.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: StriderNemesis

StriderNemesis
3 years ago#7
I always liked the now-defunct 37" models for gaming. I have one in my bedroom, and it's just the perfect size so I don't have to turn my neck or move my eyes much at a comfortable distance. I guess the next best thing is the 40" models, since I consider 32" to be too small.

User Info: Godly_Goof

Godly_Goof
3 years ago#8
My spoon is to big!
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.

User Info: Rhyno69o

Rhyno69o
3 years ago#9
Can you adjust the screen size on a 42 to be smaller? I've played on my buddys 55 from about 12 feet away and playing FPS I missed out on a lot of peripheral action. I'll have a whole bedroom dedicated to studying/gaming and I have a nice computer chair so I can adjust between distances.

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
3 years ago#10
I have a 50-inch that I play on. I'm not close to it, so the display is wonderful.
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Favorites (since 3/2/13): DC Universe Online, Hard Corps: Uprising, Double Dragon Neon, Resident Evil 6
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is gaming on a 42 inch too big!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived