This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few questions about the PS3 superslim and heat.

#1vicecitystalkerPosted 3/8/2013 1:39:40 AM
I think I am on the hardware side, but not sure as I get this message about topicality of a game and not giving spoilers, but have a question about the superslim model of the PS3.

I am thinking of getting this limited edition white PS3 superslim (slimmer than the regular slim) console. I have one of the first-run models right now.

Does the superslim heat up like the original ones did? I had to buy this fan system thing to install onto my original one as it got too hot and I also had to have shorter play sessions due to that.

Is the heat an issue with these newer ones? I have an entertainment center that has the back knocked out so my systems can "breathe".

Thank you for any help you can give and any pointers you can give me as I really want this limited edition and want to play it for years to come (or atleast until the PS4 comes out :) )
---
One of the best things in life I can have is too expensive. Can I borrow $20 million?
#2killakPosted 3/8/2013 1:40:39 AM
replace the thermal compound on your original and save money
---
You don't ever go full Greer
#3vicecitystalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:44:43 AM
Thank you for that as I am in shock that these systems are still almost $300, but does the newer PS3s still have the same heat issues? I want the white one so bad too.
---
One of the best things in life I can have is too expensive. Can I borrow $20 million?
#4SDFan18Posted 3/8/2013 1:46:17 AM
No, they pretty much eliminated that problem with the original slim. It may still happen to some, but it's a lot less likely.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#5vicecitystalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:49:35 AM
Thank you, SDFan18.
---