This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hey Capcom, why dont you release MH on a Relevant Console?

#1Mega WolfPosted 3/8/2013 5:01:42 AM
Over here in the west...
Seriously, they complain about sales and what not but they are content on releasing the only Online Monster Hunter Game on the Wii U over here in the west...

Sales of the WiiU are already not so hot.
Even though there are some people who bought WiiU just for MH even over here in the West, it's not the majority market focus.

I dunno, maybe I'm just an idiot when it comes to marketing...
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#2EternaLBleedinGPosted 3/8/2013 5:04:19 AM
Well if they do that they can't reuse the same assets over and over again.
---
Currently Playing: MGR: Revengeance
On Hold: Star Ocean: TLHI and Ni No Kuni
#3lambchipsPosted 3/8/2013 5:07:48 AM
except consoles arent relevant in japan
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#4zerooo0Posted 3/8/2013 5:10:53 AM
lambchips posted...
except consoles arent relevant in japan

Tell that to the Wii, PS3,& soon the Wii U when it gets the Monster Hunter, and Smash Bros.
---
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/8/2013 5:11:47 AM
You want the game that bad? Buy the console.
If ever being a "true gamer" had a definition, it would be doing what it takes to play the games you want to play instead of just sitting at your keyboard whining to strangers over the internet about not wanting to do what it takes.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/8/2013 5:12:40 AM
Capcom hates money.
#7promo123Posted 3/8/2013 5:13:32 AM
Just because the Wii U is new and doesn‘t have a large install base yet doesn‘t mean it‘s not relevant.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#8Mega Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:18:08 AM
No promo, that's exactly what it means in Capcoms eyes.
You forget this is the company that cried and complained when RE6 solde 4.8M copies instead of their estimate 6M.

Granted 1M copies of a game is some pretty serious dough, but the absurdity when they talked about the sells not reaching their goal was truly baffling.

Now, I'm not saying that the WiiU will never be relevant, but as it stands, it is not.
Not while PS3 / 360 / Wii have the user base behind it.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#9Mega Wolf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:23:14 AM
Oh and Shadow, I'm not really whining and complaining about not being able to play the game, more so whining and complaining about not understanding Capcom's logic.

I mean I have a 3DS, I could play it on there with friends if I really wanted, but again thats not the point.
And I dont know where you are getting this "true gamer" nonesense from. I would hope its logical to have doubts about making $300+ purchases for one or two games.

If you can do that freely without reasoning kicking you in the face more power to you.
---
#10MadDewgPosted 3/8/2013 5:57:03 AM(edited)
Shadowbird_RH posted...
You want the game that bad? Buy the console.
If ever being a "true gamer" had a definition, it would be doing what it takes to play the games you want to play instead of just sitting at your keyboard whining to strangers over the internet about not wanting to do what it takes.

This. Being a multiconsole owner is always the way to go instead of sitting around wishing and waiting for a port that just might not come/release overseas. Also, from what I heard from multiple monster hunter boards and sites sony pissed capcom off anyway about the whole ad-hoc party (sony wanted capcom to pay for the upgrades from the western version of ad-hoc party on top of adding trohpy support....yeah) and trophies thing for the PS3 port of monster hunter, so if anything blame sony.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, borderlands 2, rogue galaxy, fire emblem radiant dawn, dust: