This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#1deathsaber79Posted 3/8/2013 8:36:35 AM
List your worst lead dude (or lady)

Keep in mind, their game might not be half bad, just talking about the character itself.

Mine?

Emil - Tales of Symphonia 2 - talk about a complete vacuum of charisma, manliness, likability, or any kind of redeeming factor. My first random encounter I wanted him to die a horrible death.
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 3/8/2013 8:38:16 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
List your worst lead dude (or lady)

Keep in mind, their game might not be half bad, just talking about the character itself.

Mine?

Emil - Tales of Symphonia 2 - talk about a complete vacuum of charisma, manliness, likability, or any kind of redeeming factor. My first random encounter I wanted him to die a horrible death.

This, Or Short-Haired Luke
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3Godly_GoofPosted 3/8/2013 8:39:57 AM
Cloud- poorly written is an understatement. Amazingly goes from not giving a s*** to 180ing to trying to save the world in the first 30 minutes for no reason. And then one dimensionals the entire rest of the game
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#4OnDiscDLCPosted 3/8/2013 8:41:30 AM
Lightning from FF XIII.
#5Castiel39Posted 3/8/2013 8:43:48 AM
Luke fon Fabre. He is a horrible character from the very start of the game. And once he finnally develops he only gets worse from there. Let's just say that by the end of the game he is so bad, he makes his long-haired version look like a good character. Worst protagonist (and character) ever.
#6HangJebat83Posted 3/8/2013 8:45:22 AM
Vaan, final fantasy weakest main character. SE should have stick with Balthier as the main hero.
---
Proud Citizen since 2002, EPL 11/12 Champion.
#7Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/8/2013 8:53:17 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Cloud- poorly written is an understatement. Amazingly goes from not giving a s*** to 180ing to trying to save the world in the first 30 minutes for no reason. And then one dimensionals the entire rest of the game

Nope.
He is going after the person that destroyed everything he cared about, who he thought was dead.
Then, through tons of unfolding story, he develops the resolve he has.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#8echa_OnePosted 3/8/2013 8:56:36 AM
Dudes:
Genesis from FFVII Crisis Core
Yuki from Grandia 3

Dudette:
Alfina from Grandia 3
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#9toadiemanPosted 3/8/2013 9:01:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10superbowl54Posted 3/8/2013 8:59:30 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

this

Vaan, Squall, and Lightning are other examples of awful main characters.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC