This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#11Godly_GoofPosted 3/8/2013 9:00:06 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Cloud- poorly written is an understatement. Amazingly goes from not giving a s*** to 180ing to trying to save the world in the first 30 minutes for no reason. And then one dimensionals the entire rest of the game

Nope.
He is going after the person that destroyed everything he cared about, who he thought was dead.
Then, through tons of unfolding story, he develops the resolve he has.

Except he doesn't though. He goes from not giving 2 s***s meets Aeris and then 180s when he decides he wants in her pants.

And then he has tons of convoluted "story" that he thinks he's a guy he's not but then he is but then he isn't but then he's the other guy that's like him but not. And somehow Tifa goes through that same process despite the fact that she can't be controlled by Jenova and they never explain why that happens.

And he doesn't develop resolve he just suddenly has it for some reason.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#12cyan1001Posted 3/8/2013 9:15:36 AM
Squall
#13Lord_XandrosPosted 3/8/2013 9:18:38 AM
Cloud- poorly written is an understatement. Amazingly goes from not giving a s*** to 180ing to trying to save the world in the first 30 minutes for no reason. And then one dimensionals the entire rest of the game

But Cloud is just so ****ing kawaii.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#14Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/8/2013 9:22:22 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Nope.
He is going after the person that destroyed everything he cared about, who he thought was dead.

Except he doesn't though. He goes from not giving 2 s***s meets Aeris and then 180s when he decides he wants in her pants.

And then he has tons of convoluted "story" that he thinks he's a guy he's not but then he is but then he isn't but then he's the other guy that's like him but not. And somehow Tifa goes through that same process despite the fact that she can't be controlled by Jenova and they never explain why that happens.

1) Please get a better understanding of why that happens by re-experiencing FINAL FANTASY VII.
If you need extra help, experience Crisis Core.

2) Please re-experience FINAL FANTASY VII.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#15superbowl54Posted 3/8/2013 9:24:53 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Nope.

1) Please get a better understanding of why that happens by re-experiencing FINAL FANTASY VII.

so basically, you're telling him to replay the most overrated game of all time because you think he didn't "comprehend the deep story"?
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#16deathsaber79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:29:16 AM
Cloud is highly complex- its just not shown on the surface- also Crisis Core must be played to truly comprehend where he is at during the onset of FF7.

You know, my worst characters are the insufferably meek/emo types that always question themselves- hence Emil. Edge Maverick gets the honorable mention here- why anyone would put this loser in charge (or anywhere close to being in charge) of a Starship is beyond me
#17Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/8/2013 9:30:24 AM
superbowl54 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Nope.

so basically, you're telling him to replay the most overrated game of all time because you think he didn't "comprehend the deep story"?

1) I never said that. Also, your opinion. Also, irrelevant to the matter.

2) I didn't think anything. He has straight out missed huge plot points, that are the clear reasons Cloud Strife does what he said he does.

3) I never said that, despite of my opinion. Also, irrelevant to the matter.

4) I didn't tell him to replay. I said re-experience. I.e., he could read/discuss the specific parts he missed/doesn't remember.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#18darkstar4221Posted 3/8/2013 9:40:04 AM(edited)
Luke - Tales of the Abyss. Practically the whole cast of Tales of the Abyss.
#19deathsaber79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:33:51 AM
HangJebat83 posted...
Vaan, final fantasy weakest main character. SE should have stick with Balthier as the main hero.

Vaan is interesting because he wasn't meant to exist- FF12 is really Ashe, Basche, and Balthier's story. Squarenix, just decided last minute they wanted a common "everyman" to tag along so the player could experience the story from their perspective.

This is why outside of the intro, Vaan all but dissapears from being relavant at all in the plot, along with his girlfriend childhood friend tagalong (who was so unremarkable, I can't even recall her name without looking it up in a wiki now)
#20echa_OnePosted 3/8/2013 9:34:53 AM
^Penelo :p
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else