This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#141BearpowersPosted 3/8/2013 9:20:50 PM
Marche

HEY I'M GONNA FORVCE YOU TO RETURN TO OUR CRAPPY WORLD WITH NOTHING REALLY GOING FOR IT BECAUSE ESCAPISM IS BAD NEVER MIND THE FACT YOU'LL BE A CRIPPLE AGAIN
#142GreshEvansPosted 3/8/2013 9:26:33 PM
Robotron2084 posted...
Meg Ryan

You're completely wrong. I really don't think you completely understand her character. She's full of depth and emotion and needs to be experienced multiple times in order to truly get her. Give her another go and I bet you change your mind. If that doesn't work, try again. Just keep at it. You'll soon understand.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#143pkdragonPosted 3/8/2013 9:27:16 PM
Pretty much any silent protagonist. Say what you will about Tidus, Vaan, Luke, etc, but at least they have lines, however badly written they may be. They have a personality. Usually they have some form of character development. Silent Protagonists get none of that, unless handled incredibly well, which they usually aren't. Granted, in a game where there's little to no plot to begin with, like pokemon, it's ok, I'll give it a pass. But in any game that wants to tell a story, I'm going to expect the main character to be a little bit more than a player stand-in.

So that said, I'm going to go with Felix from Golden Sun 2, not so much because he's particularly terrible but because after all the build up in GS1, he could have been so much more interesting. I feel he was wasted potential, just because they decided not to man up and give the main character some lines. The fact that Golden Sun 2 was a long and tedious game doesn't help either.
#144GreshEvansPosted 3/8/2013 9:29:43 PM
UltraMarcus posted...

Silent Protagonists are the worst.

They bum me out.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#145DW2189Posted 3/8/2013 9:53:55 PM
toadieman posted...
Edge Maverick. Actually the whole cast of Star Ocean 4. It's like their ship is the USS Retardia.

Came here to post this. And also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0tWOnk4qI
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#146THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/8/2013 9:56:30 PM
Lovin this topic!!!

Terra FF6: Was basically a mindless puppet the whole game. Locke should have been the main character. Beat the game 5x and still thought the supporting cast had more purpose.
Even the damn yeti. She finally figures it out.....when the credit rolls.

Luke after the haircut.....I'm Sorry!! I'm Sorry guys!!! I'll make it up....All of the fun GONE. Just whiny and full of regret.

Lloydd and Asbel are basically the same type of character...In fact alot of Tales mains are.

Also silent JRPG heroes can be awesome Suikoden and Breath of Fire 3/4 proves that.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#147iusefebrezePosted 3/8/2013 9:58:14 PM
any pokemon main character
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#148THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/8/2013 9:58:37 PM
Bearpowers posted...
Marche

HEY I'M GONNA FORVCE YOU TO RETURN TO OUR CRAPPY WORLD WITH NOTHING REALLY GOING FOR IT BECAUSE ESCAPISM IS BAD NEVER MIND THE FACT YOU'LL BE A CRIPPLE AGAIN

lol. Marche was a dick.....Even the crippled kid's dad who was a coward in real life was a bad ass in that world.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#149sushiplazaPosted 3/8/2013 9:59:10 PM
emil from tales of symphonia 2

the main guy of suikoden tierkreis (talk about high in caffeine)

the cast of arc rise fantasia

the cast of final fantasy XIII

sora of kingdom hearts

cloud strife of final fantasy VII
---
"Say fuzzy pickles!"
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
#150kobalobasileusPosted 3/8/2013 10:17:24 PM
My knee-jerk reaction is to say Cloud, but only because I suffered through the entirety of FF7. Squall and/or Tidus are probably worse, but I stopped playing those games when it became obvious they sucked.