This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#151SkandraePosted 3/8/2013 10:33:53 PM
toadieman posted...
Edge Maverick. Actually the whole cast of Star Ocean 4. It's like their ship is the USS Retardia.

Came here to post this.

Came in here to say this.
Edge Maverick is the biggest screw-up in any JRPG ever. He's a whiny, annoying failure who somehow wasn't shot for the good of the rest of the universe by one of the other idiots he lugged around with him.
---
Witty game-related comment.
#152minjonator1234Posted 3/8/2013 10:34:14 PM
For me, it's Tidus from FFX. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, it's just he has bad character development, his emotions going all over the place.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/oblivionitus
Official Ivysaur of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#153pennywise666Posted 3/8/2013 10:39:32 PM
Shu, blue dragon.
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?
#154Worker_8_Posted 3/8/2013 10:45:13 PM
pennywise666 posted...
Shu, blue dragon.

Good Choice, game was also way to easy. My pick would have to be Zidane (FFIX). I found him extremely annoying.
#155Hitman1102Posted 3/8/2013 10:45:31 PM
HangJebat83 posted...
Vaan, final fantasy weakest main character. SE should have stick with Balthier as the main hero.

My thoughts exactly. He had no business even being in the game
---
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
#156shawn10000000Posted 3/8/2013 10:48:58 PM(edited)
Cloud, and any "hardcore" fan of the games are the worst.
there's no disagreeing with their opinions... hell if you say you dislike a sound effect they jump on your ass.
#157UserDeForumPosted 3/8/2013 10:49:53 PM
pkdragon posted...
Pretty much any silent protagonist. Say what you will about Tidus, Vaan, Luke, etc, but at least they have lines, however badly written they may be. They have a personality. Usually they have some form of character development. Silent Protagonists get none of that, unless handled incredibly well, which they usually aren't. Granted, in a game where there's little to no plot to begin with, like pokemon, it's ok, I'll give it a pass. But in any game that wants to tell a story, I'm going to expect the main character to be a little bit more than a player stand-in.

I agree, something is better than nothing. And the biggest nothing I can think of is Crono from Chrono Trigger. He has zero personality, you can't even infer one for him (one can say he's courageous I guess, but fighting stuff is standard jrpg affair and that trait doesn't really shine at all). He has no past or interesting history despite the game being about time travel. He is, sadly, no different from his clone other than he has some moving animations. It's no wonder the universe found the clone a suitable stand in for the real deal. Heck he probably had more development in Chrono Cross even though he mostly barfed up some plot exposition.
---
Bored on Gamefaqs? Here are some great games that are free or inexpensive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/293-indie-gaming/61945783
#158pennywise666Posted 3/8/2013 10:52:44 PM
Worker_8_ posted...
pennywise666 posted...
Shu, blue dragon.

Good Choice, game was also way to easy. My pick would have to be Zidane (FFIX). I found him extremely annoying.

Tho that...teddy bear or whatever was even worse in it...I remember even skipping his turn at the end of a battle not to hair him scream his nonsense battle victory crap
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?
#159MES_SeelePosted 3/8/2013 11:29:29 PM
Marta of Tales of Symphonia2. Just.... shut up... please. EMIL EMIL HEY EMIL.
---
Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment.
#160babbolsPosted 3/8/2013 11:38:12 PM
Lightning.
Just because she's the only gal main character in the whole FF series, it's not that I don't like her, she just killed my whole awesome main thing going on. No bias.
---
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!"