This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#171GreshEvansPosted 3/9/2013 10:21:51 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

Also silent JRPG heroes can be awesome Suikoden and Breath of Fire 3/4 proves that.

I loved those games. Silent protagonists don't hurt the game for me, but I always want them to speak. Probably because I love the games so much. Shining Force 1 and 2 come to mind as well for me.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#172soldjangoPosted 3/9/2013 11:04:11 PM
I can go either way on silent protagonist. I definitely like it best when the character has a personality, despite being silent. Golden Sun was particularly good at this, with the character you were playing as only being silent so long as you were playing them.
---
360 Gamertag: Arcangel Legacy
It's a JRPG, meaning that the setting is in japan and stuff. -trodahawk
#173PhaseSlaethePosted 3/9/2013 11:06:01 PM
I don't mind silent protags as long as the game doesn't make it obvious that you have an actual personality.

Breath of Fire 3-4 are fine because the most that happens is Ryu gestures and someone goes "yeah, guess we need to go that way".

Persona's approach can eat me. We clearly have some kind of personality, so just let it be shown in dialogue.
#174THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/9/2013 11:10:58 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Cecil from FF4.

I never understood how becoming a Paladin included lots of heavy makeup...
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#175GreshEvansPosted 3/10/2013 12:22:15 AM
I haven't played a jrpg with a silent protagonist that has bothered me, yet. I've not played any of the MT, SMT, etc. games yet and I've got Golden Sun on my long backlog.
---
Elements of the past, and elements of the future.
Comin' at ya'. From the future'.
#176PsychoWolfXPosted 3/10/2013 12:26:26 AM
Tidus and to a lesser extent, Sora.
#177xWantPosted 3/10/2013 12:27:50 AM
Main character from Tales of Innocents. Please stop talking...
---
Currently Playing : P2,P4 Golden, Ragnarok and All Stars
PSN : AntiGenjou
#178XenotropixavierPosted 3/11/2013 7:19:53 AM
Read this whole thing and I'm very happy that no one has said Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. Yea guys, I love him too.
#179theshovellerPosted 3/11/2013 7:23:30 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Cecil from FF4.

I never understood how becoming a Paladin included lots of heavy makeup...

It's the "Lawful Good-ness" of it. Plus, it's a Final Fantasy game, so he needs to look more feminine.

Yes, I'm joking. What would being Lawful Good have to do with wearing makeup?
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#180LifeOfSynPosted 3/11/2013 9:59:49 AM
I love Final Fantasy games but the main characters are often bad.

Only Squall and Tidus have really satisfied me as main characters in the FF franchise.

I haven't played many non-FF JRPGs tbh but none of the ones I have played had noticeable bad main protagonists. For example, loved Maxmillian in Dark Chronicle.
---
Inhale: My Games Blog - http://inhaletheplague.blogspot.co.uk/