This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#31Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/8/2013 12:57:56 PM
superbowl54 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

1) I never said that. Also, your opinion. Also, irrelevant to the matter.

2) I didn't think anything. He has straight out missed huge plot points, that are the clear reasons Cloud Strife does what he said he does.

3) I never said that, despite of my opinion. Also, irrelevant to the matter.

4) I didn't tell him to replay. I said re-experience. I.e., he could read/discuss the specific parts he missed/doesn't remember.

The thing is, this topic is for people's opinions on the worst JRPG leads. He obviously feels that Cloud is that, and he's far from alone in that.

You jumped on him for having a very common opinion about Cloud

Instead of adding to the topic, you got upset that he "didn't get it" when he clearly did and doesn't like the character. Those reasons you stated obviously weren't very clear as you think. Or maybe the reasons aren't really much of an explanation for him? Or maybe he was like me, got about halfway through, and said "F*** this POS" and never bothered to finish it because he didn't like the characters/story/whatever.

Re-experience generally means re-play because you can only get so much out of discussions without actually playing through the games.

1) Sure. No problem with that. Cloud Strife is not one of my favorites too.
I didn't "jump". I merely pointed out the wrong facts. In a very polite and advisable way with respect towards him. If it passed as offensive, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention.

2) In that case, you're in no place to judge it.

3) All I said, was to freshen up his memory, that's why I said re-experience.
But if you didn't like it, that advice would be irrelevant.

4) And something else. I understand not liking something, but that doesn't mean it's a "POS".
I personally don't like many masterpiece of games. But the fact I can't stand them for whatever reason, doesn't make them a "POS".
Each game has secured its objective place in history. And FINAL FANTASY VII has secured its place as one of the very few Top Tier games of all time, wether you, I, or anyone else agrees or not.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#32thisranksPosted 3/8/2013 1:01:46 PM
Since this exists only in the minds of the regionally challenged i can't list something that only exists for them.

I'm sure there will be plenty enough assumptions made, though.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#33SigmaHacielPosted 3/8/2013 1:02:39 PM
Pretty much every main character for FF from 7 to now.

Even Zidane is pretty weak.

Edge Maverick is probably the absolute worst though.
#34Garr-Posted 3/8/2013 1:03:32 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
Emil - Tales of Symphonia 2 - talk about a complete vacuum of charisma, manliness, likability, or any kind of redeeming factor. My first random encounter I wanted him to die a horrible death.

This pretty much.
#35mogar002Posted 3/8/2013 1:03:33 PM
Probably Edge Maverick, he isn't even good in combat.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#36Godly_GoofPosted 3/8/2013 1:09:31 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

2) I didn't think anything. He has straight out missed huge plot points, that are the clear reasons Cloud Strife does what he said he does.

4) I didn't tell him to replay. I said re-experience. I.e., he could read/discuss the specific parts he missed/doesn't remember.

The thing is, this topic is for people's opinions on the worst JRPG leads. He obviously feels that Cloud is that, and he's far from alone in that.

Instead of adding to the topic, you got upset that he "didn't get it" when he clearly did and doesn't like the character. Those reasons you stated obviously weren't very clear as you think. Or maybe the reasons aren't really much of an explanation for him? Or maybe he was like me, got about halfway through, and said "F*** this POS" and never bothered to finish it because he didn't like the characters/story/whatever.

Re-experience generally means re-play because you can only get so much out of discussions without actually playing through the games.

I didn't "jump". I merely pointed out the wrong facts. In a very polite and advisable way with respect towards him. If it passed as offensive, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention.

4) And something else. I understand not liking something, but that doesn't mean it's a "POS".
I personally don't like many masterpiece of games. But the fact I can't stand them for whatever reason, doesn't make them a "POS".
Each game has secured its objective place in history. And FINAL FANTASY VII has secured its place as one of the very few Top Tier games of all time, wether you, I, or anyone else agrees or not.

1) by pointing it out your disagreeing with it

2) you did jump on it.

3) I've played it start to finish again les than a year ago so yes I remember it quite well. Honestly I doubt you remember it properly.

4) quoting another game to try and explain how "not getting it" from the first game is incredibly stupid. It's like saying "ya that first game sucked at explaining (which it did) what the hell is going on so bridge it with ANOTHER game." when you have to say that your basically admiting that I has garbage writing which it does. Good game but the writing and lead characters are terrible. Supporting characters are awesome though.

5) lastly he said that he felt it was a "POS" that doesn't mean it is it meant he felt it was. Learn to read before you essay response. Your basically saying F*** everyone else's opinion because yours is superior.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#37ViietNam1Posted 3/8/2013 1:10:57 PM
Cloud Strife, he was a fraud.

Squall > Cloud
---
http://psnprofiles.com/VlETNAM-
#38mogar002Posted 3/8/2013 1:11:43 PM
Zidane > Squall > Cloud
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#39LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/8/2013 1:12:10 PM
Layle from FFCC: Crystal Bearers, if that counts.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#40Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/8/2013 1:32:47 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
superbowl54 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

1) by pointing it out your disagreeing with it

2) you did jump on it.

3) I've played it start to finish again les than a year ago so yes I remember it quite well. Honestly I doubt you remember it properly.

4) quoting another game to try and explain how "not getting it" from the first game is incredibly stupid. It's like saying "ya that first game sucked at explaining (which it did) what the hell is going on so bridge it with ANOTHER game." when you have to say that your basically admiting that I has garbage writing which it does. Good game but the writing and lead characters are terrible. Supporting characters are awesome though.

5) lastly he said that he felt it was a "POS" that doesn't mean it is it meant he felt it was. Learn to read before you essay response. Your basically saying F*** everyone else's opinion because yours is superior.

1)/2) Re-read the previous posts please.

3) Please point why. I was specific. If he didn't understand Cloud's "softness" for Aerith, and I point it out, it's I that don't remember it?

4) I never said that. Please re-read. I said:
"Please get a better understanding of why that happens by re-experiencing FINAL FANTASY VII. If you need extra help, experience Crisis Core."
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world