This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

#71demonfang178Posted 3/8/2013 3:07:51 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
List your worst lead dude (or lady)

Keep in mind, their game might not be half bad, just talking about the character itself.

Mine?

Emil - Tales of Symphonia 2 - talk about a complete vacuum of charisma, manliness, likability, or any kind of redeeming factor. My first random encounter I wanted him to die a horrible death.

IIRC correctly Emil was child abused. It doesn't make for a good main protagonist, but it makes his flaws easily justifiable.

Mine? Rafia from Arc Rise Fantasia. HTF do you not know that an inn is? There's one in your hometown!
#72ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/8/2013 3:17:04 PM
jrr18 posted...

Even new dante?

You either haven't played DmC or ToS 2. Emil is on another level of bad.

New Dante > New Prince of Persia > Shujinko > Zhang He > Ratatosk Emil > Reyn > Cry Baby Emil.
#73grungastzenkiPosted 3/8/2013 3:25:06 PM
Vaan FF 12. he is the most boring main character ever

I am surprised many people say Luke. He is the one of the most creative main character ever.
You don't play as a ussual hero type character but instead a whiny brat who growing to be a real hero.
And it's very understandable why he act like that consider how he was raised.
I still waiting for another JRPG that the main character is as creative as that.
---
I am an epic junkie
#74smifypzPosted 3/8/2013 3:25:08 PM
I did not know that Tales of the Abyss (or at least its characters) is so hated... I like them. Ah well, for me it's probably Lightning. I liked her at first, but then she just stayed depressed all the time. She kind of reminds me of Bella from the Twilight books (yes, I read Twilight, sue me).
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:nj3195
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#75SigmaHacielPosted 3/8/2013 3:26:11 PM
grungastzenki posted...

I am surprised many people say Luke. He is the one of the most creative main character ever.
You don't play as a ussual hero type character but instead a whiny brat who growing to be a real hero.
I still waiting for another JRPG that the main character is as creative as that.

That archetype isn't rare..
#76JulesNeciPosted 3/8/2013 3:29:49 PM
Tidus.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
Getting a Wii U next month for Lego City Undercover :)
#77Vic_TrenzPosted 3/8/2013 3:46:16 PM
grungastzenki posted...

Sure, it may not be rare in JRPG's. Main character starts off as one you may not root for but over time he develops and becomes liked. Yeah, it's a tried and true formula. I think what those who are appreciating Luke as a main character is what he went through to become a better person.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED TALES OF THE ABYSS

After being used as a pawn by his master to literally wipe out an entire town and all of it's inhabitants, and then right after being confronted by a person that explains that you are a carbon copy of him and stole his life, and that your life is basically meaningless. On top of the entire cast throwing him to the curb for a bit, him changing his ways was well executed.
---
PSN: Vic_Trenz GT: Trenz Strife
Just because the PS3 and 360 will continue to have games, the PS4 and 720 will still come out fall of 2013. 1-24-12
#78SigmaHacielPosted 3/8/2013 3:50:46 PM
^ That is the deciding factor to Luke, in terms of development then.

He was given clear reasons as to why he generally sucked ass for the longest time, and the story and Luke himself worked through that and evolved.

So yeah, you are meant to consider him awful. Then that changes.
#79grungastzenkiPosted 3/8/2013 4:11:06 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
grungastzenki posted...

As far as i know other hated main character is usually hero type self centered tough guy, who is changing his personalities after meet a few friends or someone.
but Luke is a spoiled brat that even jade not bother to reason with him, since he is not worth it and changing after he went through a real life situation
---
I am an epic junkie
#80Cloud069Posted 3/8/2013 4:32:54 PM
Lightning - FFXIII. Beats up on men and they can't hit back cause she's a gal. She's a coward.
---
PSN: Cloud073