This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your worst JRPG main character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. List your worst JRPG main character
2 years ago#81
Edge Maverick. Whiny, self centered little Mary Sue that has no reason at all to be anywhere near a command and yet everyone acts like he's some kind of amazing super hero. I absolutely hate him.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
2 years ago#82
Lightning. A complete joke of a "heroine". No charisma, no personality, no motivations, unrelatable, undergoes no development, an utterly blank slate who is somehow excused by much of the fanbase simply for being a "badass with boobs". It doesn't help that we now have 3 games devoted to such a worthless character.

Vaan. Tacked on to perpetuate the shallow whiny emo boy JRPG protagonist stereotype, because that's what Japan wanted more of apparently. Nothing else to really say about him.

Honorable mentions: Everyone from Kingdom Hearts and the Tales series.
2 years ago#83
toadieman posted...
Edge Maverick. Actually the whole cast of Star Ocean 4. It's like their ship is the USS Retardia.
2 years ago#84
After being used as a pawn by his master to literally wipe out an entire town and all of it's inhabitants, and then right after being confronted by a person that explains that you are a carbon copy of him and stole his life, and that your life is basically meaningless. On top of the entire cast throwing him to the curb for a bit, him changing his ways was well executed.

The problem was it wasn't so much "changing his ways" as "completely wiping out his personality". There was no development, no inner struggle, there was a group of horrible characters treating him like a monster (which is rich when all of them were monsters themselves...looking at you Jade and Anise) and tormenting him into becoming an empty shell. He was a completely different character after he cut his hair, which is terrible no matter how you look at it. "Changing" shouldn't t involve killing yourself from the inside.
2 years ago#85
Lightning Farron. Yeah, I went there.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
2 years ago#86
Hands down Squall.

I don't like the game and it is probably in large part because of Squall. He is the only character I just outright didn't like at all.

I have had characters I didn't care about, thought were annoying, pointless, forgettable, cliche, and a myriad of other things but I flat out just didn't like Squall.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
2 years ago#87
Vaan
2 years ago#88
Tidus easily.
2 years ago#89
Definitely Squall. He had the personality of a rock.
---
Sig.
2 years ago#90
toadieman posted...
Edge Maverick. Actually the whole cast of Star Ocean 4. It's like their ship is the USS Retardia.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. List your worst JRPG main character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived