This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got a ps3...what the hell?

#1RomaRangersPosted 3/8/2013 1:30:11 PM
I got a new ps3 yesterday. First thing i did was sign up for Psn. But first i had to do a system update. It wasnt too bad, maybe 10 minutes. Then i want to play uncharted. There is another game update. Not too bad maybe 5 minutes. The the game freezes on me 3 different times. I had to restart my systems each time. So i want to try another game to make sure that its not the console. I put in killzone 2 and theres another update. Its 90MB and i have been sitting here for about 10 minutes and its at 14 percent. I tuped this whole thing o my phone while waiting. At this rate its gonna time about an hour.

I have comcast internet with wireless n connection. What is going on?
#2mogar002Posted 3/8/2013 1:30:39 PM
ok
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3riddlebox89Posted 3/8/2013 1:32:23 PM
What's going on is you're not hitting the circle button when the game asks you if you want to update it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4lil_mocchiPosted 3/8/2013 1:34:16 PM
get faster internet as well
---
PSN:kropodra
put on your metal gear, prepare to take your mark ive got mad game like up up down down left right left right B A select start
#5RomaRangers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:36:25 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
What's going on is you're not hitting the circle button when the game asks you if you want to update it.

I didnt realize i could skip the update, so i just did that and im testing it now. Will i need to do the update to play online?
#6ryouma17Posted 3/8/2013 1:39:17 PM
uncharted? killzone? theres your problem right there your playing bad games and your PS3 is trying to stop you
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#7crazyman32Posted 3/8/2013 1:40:40 PM(edited)
RomaRangers posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

I didnt realize i could skip the update, so i just did that and im testing it now. Will i need to do the update to play online?

Yes you need to update the game to play it online.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#8Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/8/2013 1:40:18 PM
Serves you right for being so late to the party. Consider yourself lucky most updates are 300-700mb nowadays. Try Updating GT5. Could take a month.

---
I learned everything I needed to know about human behavior from Battlefield 1942. On an aircarft carrier just outside Wake Island. TK!
#9crazyman32Posted 3/8/2013 1:41:39 PM
The wireless connection is also part of the issue as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#10RomaRangers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 1:42:34 PM
Ok i think my uncharted disc is just screwed up. Is it normal for a scratched disc to freeze the whole system like that?