This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What made the PS2 so succefull for the casuals?

#11true_gamer80Posted 3/8/2013 3:52:14 PM(edited)
SigmaHaciel posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
You_Need_A_Life posted...
The PS2 was meant for gamers, not casuals. That's why it did so well. The casuals were doing what they do best: watching Michael Bay movies and doing stuff outdoors, leaving gamers to actually enjoy gaming.

how clueless are you or were you jk?

considering most here seem to hate 99% of all games that come out this gen wouldnt that make this place filled with causals? Leaving actual gamers to play all the game most here not only hate but are completely unaware of uness its AAA or hyped up the ass.....you guys are doing oyur thing and the actual gamers are playing games enjoying themselves over whining like babies over games you never even play.....sound silly?

Oh look, he is here too. With the usual shtick.

shtik...you mean facts...

Im sorry Im opposed to the usal ignorance and contradictions "shtik" most here seem to have

being informed on a subject is a shtik here, mass ignorance, contradictions and hate s fine, when someone points out facts its...heres that "shtik" again...I think that says alot about the quality and ignorance of many here.....

having knowledge on a subject as opposed to a ignorant wrong one is a shtik lol? oh GF.....
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#12SigmaHacielPosted 3/8/2013 3:51:41 PM
You don't use facts, "true"_gamer.

You just created your own tropes for this site, and use them ALL THE TIME in every thread. Thus, your shtick.
#13RyuuHou25Posted 3/8/2013 3:52:16 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
The PS2 was meant for gamers, not casuals. That's why it did so well. The casuals were doing what they do best: watching Michael Bay movies and doing stuff outdoors, leaving gamers to actually enjoy gaming.

considering most here seem to hate 99% of all games that come out this gen wouldnt that make this place filled with causals? Leaving actual gamers to play all the game most here not only hate but are completely unaware of uness its AAA or hyped up the ass.....you guys are doing oyur thing and the actual gamers are playing games enjoying themselves over whining like babies over games you never even play.....sound silly?

BTW core gamers werent the larger % of ps2 owners, if you knew your history you would realise ps1 and more so ps2 was extremely succesful with the mainstream market, in fact that was one of sony goals....

Yeah, when driving simulators and RPGs make up the majority of a consoles top selling games, it's REAL gamers, not casuals.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#14true_gamer80Posted 3/8/2013 3:55:11 PM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

BTW core gamers werent the larger % of ps2 owners, if you knew your history you would realise ps1 and more so ps2 was extremely succesful with the mainstream market, in fact that was one of sony goals....

Yeah, when driving simulators and RPGs make up the majority of a consoles top selling games, it's REAL gamers, not casuals.

man your arguing reality and fatcs...feel free to go continue lol....

heres an idea instead of just spewing an opinion...go do some research, go reserach on sony....one of their main goals was to get more into the mass market.....they were extremely succesful with this...your sitting here aruing facts and reality lol....

go educate yourself....

btw what you just said has nothing....nothing at all to do with what I said ....seriously lol
---
#15true_gamer80Posted 3/8/2013 4:12:49 PM(edited)
SigmaHaciel posted...
You don't use facts, "true"_gamer.

You just created your own tropes for this site, and use them ALL THE TIME in every thread. Thus, your shtick.

really....lol

when you see me being very vocal calling ppl out Im either using facts, my own experience or both.....

for goodness sakes Im in a gaming forum with ppl arguing against reality...sitting here saying the ps2 wasnt a huge success with the mainstream market and that it wasnt part of sony major plans for last gen......Im the one that doesnt state facts....honeslty how out of it and clueless are some of you lol....

As for my "shtik" if you can call pointing out mass contrdictions and ignronce a shtik....call me guilty, perhaps if more around here were better infomred or educated on the industry or if the hate wasnt so out of control here its just contradiction after contradiction you woulndt be seeing my "shtik" so much.

I can never seem to get replies or answers most of the time when I point out certain things...now why is that, is that cause sometimes you simply cant argue against reality?

I'll use this topic as the perfect example, I stated actual facts(theres my "shtik" again huh) and llets see how many actually comment on the facts....Im willing to bet it will get very quite with the points I made, you know why...cause its fact and reality lol.....the kicker here is its less facts and more of basic gamig knowledge, even more mind blowing this is a sony forum we are using right now....do so many of you rally not know anything about the companys console your playing history, we are not even talking a long time, was a few years ago lol.

One would think most on a gaming site dedicated to gaming wouldnt be so utterly clueless on major companies history, more so cause we arent going back decades just years lol...
---
#16jrr18Posted 3/8/2013 8:43:34 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

man your arguing reality and fatcs...feel free to go continue lol....

heres an idea instead of just spewing an opinion...go do some research, go reserach on sony....one of their main goals was to get more into the mass market.....they were extremely succesful with this...your sitting here aruing facts and reality lol....

go educate yourself....

btw what you just said has nothing....nothing at all to do with what I said ....seriously lol

uh I'm pretty sure the guy you responded to was being sarcastic.
---
Victory over the robot space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#17xPercivala2536xPosted 3/8/2013 8:47:03 PM
Casual wasnt a gaming phrase until it blew into a mainstream mentality. Games considered casual now might have been normal 11 years ago.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443