This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does FF7 get better?

#31ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/8/2013 6:15:35 PM
FFVII is great, end of conversation.
#32jorgestevensonPosted 3/8/2013 6:49:16 PM
Monoculus posted...

The only reason people praise Final Fantasy VII was that it was what introduced most people to 3D RPGs, or even JRPGs in general; the graphics weren't great at the time, even for the PSX, and the plot had more cliches and terrible woe-is-me emo garbage than even FFIV. The Limit Break system was the only real gameplay addition other than 3D environments that were a pain to navigate at times; the materia system was basically just an upgrade of the Esper system - I understand that people praised these at the time because the other Final Fantasy games were still somewhat niche. The music was the only real redeeming quality of the game.

You are out of your mind. The graphics were other-worldly when FF7 came out. The cutscenes were breathtaking. Can you post 10 PS1 games that came out before it that had better graphics?
#33firefoxts5Posted 3/8/2013 7:10:30 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
FFVII is great, end of conversation.

this
---
psn: Overlord-Fox---gamertag: Overlord foxx
#34james_hellerPosted 3/8/2013 7:26:48 PM
The Midgar part at the beginning of the game makes it so difficult for me to replay FFVII. It's so damn boring.

Which is strange, cause the first time I played it, it was great.
#35yahya_no_1Posted 3/8/2013 9:33:08 PM
no it does not sell the game.

but seriously its boring till you see the 2rd explosion(you will know when you meet the shanks) and gets better after you go in the outside world
---
PSN:yahyano1
#36AalviPosted 3/8/2013 9:34:37 PM
if you're playing it now for the first time you probably won't see why it's good
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#37mogar002Posted 3/8/2013 9:34:39 PM
The beginning is boring but the high point. Once you leave Midgar it's just awful.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#38PoorCountryPosted 3/8/2013 9:50:40 PM
LitCandlez posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
LitCandlez posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
Not really.

It hits a decently not-low point, but it isn't stellar.

Ugh. I already bought the game so I will be giving it a playthrough eventually. Why is Cloud bombing SOILDER?

He's bombing the reactors that harvest the world energy into power for the upper city.

Your basically eco-terrorists.

Wtf. So why are we playing the bad guy?

Obviously fake. This wouldn't occur to anyone as a valid question.
#39Sevi_neyPosted 3/8/2013 9:53:06 PM
lol you're not even out of midgar yet.

The game is like 80 hours long dude.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#40theshovellerPosted 3/8/2013 9:57:03 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
lol you're not even out of midgar yet.

The game is like 80 hours long dude.

It's half that, seriously.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"