This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does FF7 get better?

#41mogar002Posted 3/8/2013 9:58:16 PM
It's barely 30 hours and that includes optional stuff.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#42PoorCountryPosted 3/8/2013 10:02:00 PM
Monoculus posted...
Monoculus posted...
jon davis posted...
Complete and utter bollocks

Nice job providing a dissenting argument there, kiddo.

Lol @ kiddo

Yes, you have been a member here for nearly 11 years, but I'd expect an adult to behave like an adult instead of just calling other people wrong because you don't want to hear what they're saying. Then again I suppose this is the internet.

If calling people "kiddo" is characteristic of being an adult, I don't see what you value so much about the label. Many people spout "kid" at each other, without knowing anything about who they're talking to, for the sole purpose of being condescending and looking like an uppity poop.

Also, if there are cliches in life, this is one of them: the pompous older guy who presumes that they're more knowledgeable than everyone younger than them and says "kiddo" at the end of every remark, and predictably blubbers about maturity.
#43656stoogePosted 3/8/2013 10:06:48 PM
Wait a second. Are you seriously half an hour into a 50 hour game and complaining that you don't understand the whole story yet?

Maybe, oh I don't know, give it a little time?

What you're doing is basically the equivalent of complaining that you don't know what's so bad about the one ring before Frodo and Sam have left the Shire.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#44PoorCountryPosted 3/8/2013 10:14:34 PM
656stooge posted...
Wait a second. Are you seriously half an hour into a 50 hour game and complaining that you don't understand the whole story yet?

Maybe, oh I don't know, give it a little time?

What you're doing is basically the equivalent of complaining that you don't know what's so bad about the one ring before Frodo and Sam have left the Shire.

He's trying to provoke everyone.
#45gilv3rPosted 3/8/2013 10:22:50 PM
Its pretty much the most average final fantasy.
#46antoinejonesPosted 3/8/2013 10:25:09 PM
lol all that stuff gets explained.. also THATs slow and boring? I found ALL the Midgard stuff to be extremely fast paced and entertaining.. its when you LEAVE Midgard and go to the overworld/world map for the first time is when the game got slow and boring to me.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#47WantedOutlawPosted 3/8/2013 10:29:04 PM
I've never been much of a Final Fantasy fan but I bought this when it was on sale a week or two ago and I too am having a hard time getting into it. I remember sort of liking it when I played it when it first came out but I'd be lying if I said I was even remotely enjoying it now. Hoping it gets better. I've put around 8 to 10 hours into it so far so maybe I've barely made a dent in it. Can't remember how long this thing is. I don't think I even finished it back in the day.
#48SolidKnightPosted 3/8/2013 10:36:23 PM
It took me ten years to beat it because I got bored and quit right around the time you leave Midgar. For me, Final Fantasy 7 is one of those games whose summary is far better than the experience.
#49Sevi_neyPosted 3/8/2013 10:37:01 PM
theshoveller posted...
Sevi_ney posted...
lol you're not even out of midgar yet.

The game is like 80 hours long dude.

It's half that, seriously.

it is not 40 hours... Guaranteed 60 hours. 70 would be more reasonable.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#50theshovellerPosted 3/8/2013 10:39:11 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
theshoveller posted...
Sevi_ney posted...
lol you're not even out of midgar yet.

The game is like 80 hours long dude.

It's half that, seriously.

it is not 40 hours... Guaranteed 60 hours. 70 would be more reasonable.

Took my brother and I around 40 hours to beat it. Now, if you're counting all the extra bells and whistles, then I could see it taking longer. But, on a first playthrough and playing to beat the game with some light exploration? Yeah, about a 40-hour game.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"