This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are so many people obsessed with female main characters?

#51MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 3/9/2013 4:32:15 AM
@Sophistication
It's not that people are attracted to the video game character itself, because that's kind of ridiculous. They're "attracted" to a construct of their imagination, inspired by the character. Anybody who's ever considered the qualities they'd like in a woman (or man) has also thought along these lines. It's hypothetical.

At least, that'd how I'd hope they're thinking about it...
#52Silver_OgrePosted 3/9/2013 6:34:25 PM
^ You can make that assertion about all attraction -- that what we are attracted to in a person is our idea of them and not the objective reality of that person. That leads into a bigger dilemma of whether or not there's any objective reality that we can communicate to each other.
---
"Every inscription, every utterance, every gesture seeks to dominate the plain of meaning."
Chad Dumier, Deus Ex
#53SayoriaPosted 3/9/2013 6:40:04 PM
Because there's already enough dx here.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#54BenzychenzPosted 3/9/2013 6:52:29 PM
ITT: You can't have relationships with real women AND find game characters sexually attractive.
#55goldenboy1867Posted 3/9/2013 6:53:03 PM
Playing as a girl in a battllefield wearing heavy amor with guns like a jugernut, NOOO

Playing as a girl in a fighting game ( street fighter or any other fighting game ), YESSS
---
are you saying i can run from a bullet
#56ViceGagaPosted 3/9/2013 9:08:04 PM
Why is merely asking for something considered an obsession these days? Everything has to be so dramatic! Sheesh..
---
Choose your last words, this is the last time, cuz you and I, we were born to die.
#57AliciaTylerPosted 3/9/2013 9:14:06 PM
Silver_Ogre posted...
AliciaTyler posted...
Silver_Ogre posted...
Spoiled_Cliche posted...
Isn't it obvious?

There are way too many beta male white knights among gamers.

Some people call them...erm, "manginas".

Those people are called Men's Rights Activists and their opinions are invalid.

the typical white knight beta male.... the feminazi lap dog....forever looking for ways to bash his own gender while uplifting the other...raised in a pool of self-hate....groomed to be the ultimate servant.

good luck with your man-hating and vag-begging goals of 2013

Nice try. I hate both feminism and the men's rights movement. Both are collectivist herds for people who want to lord their perceived victimhood over everyone else. I see you've thrown your hat in with the latter group of idiots.

sure doesn't seem that way. looks like another emasculated, e-aggressive, man-hating beta male.

and just for debate's sake, at least MRAs have a real issue: divorce rape
---
Lol pc gaming. More and more pc games are being ported to consoles, while less and less console games are going to the pc. Have fun begging for GTA V, geeks
#58MelkacPosted 3/9/2013 9:30:36 PM(edited)
If the game is good, I don't care if the character is male or female.
If the game lets me choose, then I pick the character with the better design/skills/something. If it's a game like Skyrim, where I can make my MC look like anything I want...meh, I usually play as a guy, then get bored and play as a woman. Just for the funz.

Is that clear enough?

Also...

http://www.alfabetajuega.com/thumbnails/imagenes/201205/12318.alfabetajuergas-equipo-a-supergrupo.not.jpg

Make your choice.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#59Vergil92Posted 3/9/2013 9:29:06 PM
ViceGaga posted...
Why is merely asking for something considered an obsession these days? Everything has to be so dramatic! Sheesh..

Because Gamefaqs.

Personally I don't care about the gender of a character, but I wouldn't mind seeing more female leads just for the sake of variety.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
#60Silver_OgrePosted 3/9/2013 9:43:01 PM
AliciaTyler posted...
Silver_Ogre posted...
AliciaTyler posted...
Silver_Ogre posted...
Spoiled_Cliche posted...
Isn't it obvious?

There are way too many beta male white knights among gamers.

Some people call them...erm, "manginas".

Those people are called Men's Rights Activists and their opinions are invalid.

the typical white knight beta male.... the feminazi lap dog....forever looking for ways to bash his own gender while uplifting the other...raised in a pool of self-hate....groomed to be the ultimate servant.

good luck with your man-hating and vag-begging goals of 2013

Nice try. I hate both feminism and the men's rights movement. Both are collectivist herds for people who want to lord their perceived victimhood over everyone else. I see you've thrown your hat in with the latter group of idiots.

sure doesn't seem that way. looks like another emasculated, e-aggressive, man-hating beta male.

and just for debate's sake, at least MRAs have a real issue: divorce rape

Based on what? We're not acquainted. If you're going to accuse me of anything, back it up with evidence.

What is "divorce rape?" Are you talking about alimony? If so, you sound just like a radical feminist for using "rape" as an unnecessary and obfuscating intensifier. But yes, you are right that that is a situation where men are discriminated over women.

I already made clear my distaste for pissing contests between two different herds of sheeple bleating over who has it worse -- whether it's feminists and MRAs, Israelis and Palestinians, etc. If you're really interested in situations where women can be singled out as having it worse than men there are honor killings.
---
"Every inscription, every utterance, every gesture seeks to dominate the plain of meaning."
Chad Dumier, Deus Ex