This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PS3 won't start and has a blinking red light after I try to start it. What do

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My PS3 won't start and has a blinking red light after I try to start it. What do

User Info: ShoegazinSergio

ShoegazinSergio
3 years ago#1
I'm pretty sure this puppy is from the very first release IIRC. I bought it and two games for $100 from my neighbor leaving for the navy last summer, so I'm not positive.

But yeah, I was just in the middle of playing a game when it shut off and started blinking the red light. I don't recall seeing the "yellow light of death" or anything, maybe I missed it, I don't know how that works. But yeah, now I go to turn it on and a split second after I power it up, it shuts off and just blinks the red light. What do PS3 board?!

User Info: cow1578

cow1578
3 years ago#2
Look up a youtube video of the YLOD.

When it happened to me I didn't see the yellow light at first either. It is a very brief yellow flash before the light turns red and starts blinking.

I'm sorry if it is the YLOD. That sucks.
What's your nationality?
Me? I'm a drunkard.

User Info: 3D3

3D3
3 years ago#3
It's either YLOD or overheated.
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. My PS3 won't start and has a blinking red light after I try to start it. What do

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived