This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG War Round 2: Final Fantasy VII vs Final Fantasy 13

#61CaitPosted 3/9/2013 2:12:48 PM
VII all the way, as I can't stand XIII. Shallow gameplay and shallow too suttle characters. I finished VII, but not Xiii.
---
Thanks to my dislike of Final Fantasy XIII, I looked back on ALL Final Fantasy games and now which one I like for what reason. Angry blame XIII.
#62The_DjokerPosted 3/9/2013 2:23:03 PM(edited)
theatrical_cat posted...
darealest47 posted...
22 votes for VII and only 4 for 13?!

Are you really surprised?

Yes I am surprised. People need to get over final fantasy 7 and admit that final fantasy 13 is not only a great game but also one of th best games on playstation.

And you need to learn what a good game is. Best games on Playstation? I'm sorry do you own like 3 games or something? FF13 isn't even close to being the best JRPG on PS3 but best game? you're on some sort of crack.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#63Oskar_Kokoshka9Posted 3/9/2013 2:16:39 PM
FF7, because it steamrolls FF13 on all fronts.
---
PSN: Oskar_Kokoshka99
#64Vidius101Posted 3/9/2013 2:19:49 PM
FF VII wins hand down.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#65theofficefan99Posted 3/9/2013 2:20:38 PM
I absolutely love both. I voted for XIII to help it out.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#66SandOnMyBootPosted 3/9/2013 2:24:08 PM
VII is overrated. It has many glaring flaws that are constantly overlooked by its fans and erroneously receives credit for things that earlier RPGs invented. All things considered though, it pans out to be an about average game.

FFXIII on the other hand, is the worst RPG I have ever played in my life. It's flaws are massive and constant. Aside from the graphical capabilities, I can't name a single thing that it did objectively well.
#67zrankianPosted 3/9/2013 2:24:23 PM
What i wanna know is why square is still making games... they should just move into movies. Honestly its not too far off... I mean im having a hard time considering ff13 a game, maby a visual novel?
---
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/xaxton/Weaponstribute.png[/img]
#68JerreldulayPosted 3/9/2013 2:25:00 PM
servb0ts said Unlimited Saga on PS2 is the worst RPG of all time. Sir or madame, I would follow you into battle. That game was as enjoyable as getting a hole in the head.

Back on topic, I tried my hardest to enjoy FFXIII, but all it did was enrage me with its glaring faults.

You should never have to TRY to enjoy something.
#69darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:37:49 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I absolutely love both. I voted for XIII to help it out.

(:
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#70ZodiacKillerJrPosted 3/9/2013 2:37:58 PM
I stopped playing Final Fantasy Series after 10. I Played that, it felt like they fired everybody that made their previous games great, except the Music director (I know his name, just don't ask me to spell it).

10 was just horse *expletive* all around... and then they came out with 10-2.... I decided never to touch that piece of *expletive* series anymore. FF 1 through 9 was amazing. *ALL* of them had their good points. But since 10, I've watched my friends play... every character is the same... the art style is EXACTLY the same, you can't tell the difference between 11, 12, 13, and 14. The stories have gotten to be so stupid that they decided to start with Politics now? From what I understood 12 was extremely Political. And 13 is like a Rebel group against the Government. Country V Country or Party V Party.

The second SquareSoft was bought out by Enix, their product declined rapidly. It's unbelievably rare. They've gotten lazy or Enix just sucked that hard from the start.