This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GoW:A already offending sissy reviewers with its supposed "misogyny".

#301BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:44:16 AM
AliciaTyler posted...
Darkeagle6 posted...
Having read only the first and last page of this topic, I have to say that the amounts of straw feminism, ignorance and privileged teenage boy attitude in this topic is rather gross. If your head is inserted so far up into the lower end of your digestive system that you can't understand how and why some people migt be put off by what the reviewer described there, then I recommend extracting it by means of growing up.

so basically, just another self-loathing mangina/women's rights crusader trying to use shaming tactics on a videogame forum. i guess everything was fine was in videogames before, but violence against women is where we draw the line.

I wonder where this crusade has been hiding especially with the likes of Mortal Kombat, Gears of War, GTA, Unreal Tournament, Resident Evil, and Silent Evil being around for almost 2 decades old. More games could be listed but to do so isn't a necessity. It seems like some people are acting like God of War is a new series based on Ascension.
#302BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:49:22 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Where in the **** did I say the death was based on misogyny?? What in the **** is wrong with you?

You did comment on it being overly violent and didn't say there was no misogyny. The death is nothing new in video games and its pretty tame.
#303killakPosted 3/10/2013 8:50:27 AM
WOW, so, you just completely skip over the fact that you were a complete ass to me, don't admit you were wrong or anything, and just carry on and try and agree with me instead.

No wonder killak is so annoyed with you.

Where in the **** did I say the death was based on misogyny?? What in the **** is wrong with you?

Amazing, isn't it.
---
RAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR
#304BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:54:55 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
I never claimed I HADN'T seen the scene (which I have)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgjdeX9ejs

So are you about done being a twisting ass? I also never said anything against the game either, I have no problem with the scene or the trophy, as they both make sense to me in the context of the universe and in what happened and why.

Its very odd that people are getting upset over nothing and its more odd that less people aren't upset over Mortal Kombat based on this "controversy" with Ascension. Another tame death in Kratos's killing gallery especially for a boss battle.

WOW, so, you just completely skip over the fact that you were a complete ass to me, don't admit you were wrong or anything, and just carry on and try and agree with me instead.

How was I an ass when you're the one insulting people just like killak. Also how could I be wrong when her death is tame for a M-rated game and its really tame for a God of War game.

I see you aren't interested in the truth based on the heavy belief of opinion that you keep on holding dear also like killak.
#305RyuuHou25Posted 3/10/2013 8:55:08 AM
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You did comment on it being overly violent and didn't say there was no misogyny. The death is nothing new in video games and its pretty tame.

Good lord you're daft.

So by your apparent logic here.....me not saying there was no misogyny equates to me saying the death was based in misogyny....is that about right?

I never commented on it being overly violent, I commented on the other guy having never seen the damn scene in the first place, yet talking about it and the context of it like they had.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#306BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:55:28 AM
killak posted...

Amazing, isn't it.

Strawman alert.
#307BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:56:58 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Blueprotoss posted...

How is that scene misogynistic when its almost like a basic execution for Kratos. I wonder if you have played a Mortal Kombat game since you think that death is based on misogyny.

#308RyuuHou25Posted 3/10/2013 8:58:01 AM
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
I never claimed I HADN'T seen the scene (which I have)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVgjdeX9ejs

So are you about done being a twisting ass? I also never said anything against the game either, I have no problem with the scene or the trophy, as they both make sense to me in the context of the universe and in what happened and why.

Its very odd that people are getting upset over nothing and its more odd that less people aren't upset over Mortal Kombat based on this "controversy" with Ascension. Another tame death in Kratos's killing gallery especially for a boss battle.

How was I an ass when you're the one insulting people just like killak. Also how could I be wrong when her death is tame for a M-rated game and its really tame for a God of War game.

I see you aren't interested in the truth based on the heavy belief of opinion that you keep on holding dear also like killak.

Because you said, and I quote -

"How is that when Kratos kills everyone equally.

Thats kind of hypocritical when you haven't seen it either. Ain't it odd that the critic against this video game act doesn't have the scene to show it to people. Heck you would have an easier time say that "misogyny" exists in Gears of War or Tomb Raider way before God of War."

You claimed I had not seen the scene either. I proved that I have, and even provided a link to it, which you also tried to call me out on with your "ain't it odd that the critic against this video game act doesn't have the scene to show it"

Well I showed it, and I also never claimed I was against it, so you fabricated pure BS against me as well.

I see you aren't interested in truth at all, you just like to be a complete ass and put words in peoples mouths!
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#309BlueprotossPosted 3/10/2013 8:59:49 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Good lord you're daft.

So by your apparent logic here.....me not saying there was no misogyny equates to me saying the death was based in misogyny....is that about right?

I never commented on it being overly violent, I commented on the other guy having never seen the damn scene in the first place, yet talking about it and the context of it like they had.
How am I senseless when you yourself is avoiding anything that you don't agree with.

You were fighting with someone that said it wasn't misogyny while you didn't agree with him.

Either way that scene is tame for a M-rated game and really tame for a God of War game.
#310RyuuHou25Posted 3/10/2013 9:05:51 AM
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Blueprotoss posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Good lord you're daft.

How am I senseless when you yourself is avoiding anything that you don't agree with.

You were fighting with someone that said it wasn't misogyny while you didn't agree with him.

Either way that scene is tame for a M-rated game and really tame for a God of War game.

Never said you were senseless.....I'd LOVE to say what I think you are but I'd get modded. Suffice to say, you might want to get your brain think things checked out, they're not working right.

As I said already, I was arguing with the other guy about him calling the name of the TROPHY controversial and saying it was justified, despite never having watched said scene. STOP FABRICATING REALITY.

No **** it's tame!
---