This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is worth upgrading my sound, been using my lcd tv built speakers only ?

#1Kano92Posted 3/9/2013 3:50:45 PM
I don't want to spend to much like under 100$. There some pretty nice 2.0 speakers out there. I've listened to some of them and they sound better than my built in speakers in my samsung lcd tv. Is it worth it ? This tv by the way is only for gaming only, I don't watch movies or cable tv on it. I've tried some turtle beach headphones but I don't like wearing headphones while gaming, just not for me.

How many of you just game using the tv's built speakers ?
#2Chass1990Posted 3/9/2013 3:55:23 PM
I don't think it's worth spending near $100 on 2.0 speakers. Unless you're going for a full blown 5.1 stereo system, it's not really worth it (with that said, it is DEFINITELY worth it if you do go down the 5.1 path)
---
I shut my eyes in order to see
#3Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:00:55 PM
Well I didn't say I wanted to spend 100$. I found a nice quality pair for about 60$ it's got good reviews. Just for gaming I'm not sure if it's worth it. I have a samsung 32'' lcd tv about three years old.
#4ScrapperPosted 3/9/2013 4:37:31 PM
You can find a good soundbar for under $100 or a decent set of 5.1 computer speakers that are great for TV gaming.
---
GT: Scrapper : PS+: wowVelveeta : Steam: Nickel_n_Dime
#5JoveHackPosted 3/9/2013 4:47:06 PM(edited)
Kano92 posted...
I don't want to spend to much like under 100$. There some pretty nice 2.0 speakers out there. I've listened to some of them and they sound better than my built in speakers in my samsung lcd tv. Is it worth it ? This tv by the way is only for gaming only, I don't watch movies or cable tv on it. I've tried some turtle beach headphones but I don't like wearing headphones while gaming, just not for me.

How many of you just game using the tv's built speakers ?

I've got a $30 set of GamingEdge 2.1 (2 tweeters, one 6" woofer) that are a tremendous improvement over almost any TV speakers. They're probably ten years old at this point.

Edit: Forget my other recommendations (now deleted). Speaker and headphone prices are insane.

Listen to Izraeil and Scrapper instead of me.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#6IzraeilPosted 3/9/2013 4:46:02 PM
Check on eBay, u should be able to find a 5.1 set for around a hundred even if it has terrible reviews it'llbe better than tv speakers.
Surround sound really makes games better.
#7PhaseSlaethePosted 3/9/2013 4:52:01 PM
Izraeil posted...

Surround sound really makes everything better.

Fixed.