This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have turn-based RPGs become outdated?

#11SieKensouPosted 3/10/2013 11:42:27 AM
when it's done right, it's still tons of fun. surprisingly, the most traditional form of turn-based battles can still be done right or wrong..
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#12Spoiled_Cliche(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 4:45:34 PM
Hm...i should have included a handheld option. I guess the Not quite outdated. Classic turn-based combat still has some charm as a niche sub-genre option is the closest to that.
#13boredofyouPosted 3/10/2013 5:01:49 PM
I wanted to vote the second to last option but the last one has more truth.. (-_-)
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#14Spoiled_Cliche(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 6:37:13 PM
boredofyou posted...
I wanted to vote the second to last option but the last one has more truth.. (-_-)

Finally someone votes for it!

It was a last minute addition. I bet it would be more voted if it didn't have the word "evolved" in it.
#15R15KPosted 3/10/2013 6:45:30 PM
I voted the most popular option (surprisingly) but I'm not sure "niche market" is what I'd say, that implies a super small fan base and I think it's larger then that especially if handhelds are included.
#16Spoiled_Cliche(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:00:54 PM
R15K posted...
I voted the most popular option (surprisingly) but I'm not sure "niche market" is what I'd say, that implies a super small fan base and I think it's larger then that especially if handhelds are included.

It's indeed still quite popular.

But compared to what it was in the past generations, it's relatively niche.
#17Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 3/11/2013 8:07:39 PM
They were so relaxing. You could always play a turn based RPG at 3AM half asleep slumped on a couch because you could run into the woods and grind. That's what I miss, grinding is still possible in many of the modern rpgs but it usually involves needing a lot more attention.