This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Drakengard (for PS2)

#11DignatoReRaisedPosted 3/10/2013 10:14:25 AM
DesertPenguin09 posted...

Seriously? It's in the same universe and everything?

And to the others about the flying: I enjoyed that part of the game just as much. It was great to be in a level where I could switch between the two and just destroy everything in my path. Complete satisfaction.

Well. Answering that would be a spoiler. So.

It's a sequel to the ending of Drakengard where Caim and the dragon end up on our earth fighting the final boss. This event causes a lot of new technology (Which is basically magic) to pop up, as well as a disease that turns people into salt. It's weird as hell!
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#12apeezyPosted 3/10/2013 10:17:29 AM
Yea, I was really hoping for a PS3 version of upgrade. I never played the sequel. I heard it took place way later and with different characters all together so I didn't care.

Play NieR. It's a sequel to one of the endings of Drakengard. And it's pretty awesome.

Seriously? It's in the same universe and everything?

And to the others about the flying: I enjoyed that part of the game just as much. It was great to be in a level where I could switch between the two and just destroy everything in my path. Complete satisfaction.

yeah I haven't played Drakengard, but I believe "Ending E" provides the setup for the turmoil in the story of Nier. That's one of the reasons I hope Drakengard gets the PS2 Classic treatment or the most unlikely that Drakengard and D2 get a HD rerelease (doubtful since Cavia is no longer a developer)
---
PSN: Mr_APeezy
For my 26th Birthday ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ags3eKFjm5A
#13DesertPenguin09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:18:17 AM
I'm definitely getting Nier that sounds crazy! And I barely remember the endings to Drakengard so I have to watch them on youtube. I also forgot there were multiple endings
---
http://i.imgur.com/zNC0tl.jpg
"Don't put the power on until you know you don't have to take it off." -Sir Jackie Stewart. Can be applied to anything
#14Eternal_Dream21Posted 3/10/2013 10:18:38 AM
the_great_tidus posted...
its pretty terrible. The game is repetitive, and battles are too drawn out. You can switch from dragon to on foot combat which is cool but combat is always pretty bland.

id rate it 3.5/10

This, the only good thing is the story, other than that, I must say it's pretty s*****. Nier, on the other hand, is amazing and could be considered like a sequel to it, although it could also pass off like a stand alone game too. The game doesn't connect the two of them directly
#15DignatoReRaisedPosted 3/10/2013 10:35:02 AM
Eternal_Dream21 posted...
the_great_tidus posted...
its pretty terrible. The game is repetitive, and battles are too drawn out. You can switch from dragon to on foot combat which is cool but combat is always pretty bland.

id rate it 3.5/10

This, the only good thing is the story, other than that, I must say it's pretty s*****. Nier, on the other hand, is amazing and could be considered like a sequel to it, although it could also pass off like a stand alone game too. The game doesn't connect the two of them directly

Yes it does. It makes direct references to Caim, the Dragon, and Ending E.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#16RayconPosted 3/10/2013 10:53:33 AM
toadieman posted...
I remember getting pissed off by the end? boss. So many rings and I just couldn't do it. I probably could do it now though. Otherwise fun game.

This nearly got me too. I literally had to pause, count the number of rings, punch in the buttons real fast, pause again, and repeat. That was just crazy stupid hard. I have no shame in having to cheat for that fight.

Game itself was alright. Much like Nier, the combat wasn't exactly stellar (though I'd give the nod to Drakengard in that department), but the story... oh man, what a story. I've never seen so many controversial topics crammed into one game.

I really enjoyed hunting down all the weapons though and seeing the "alternate" events and chapters. I think the game really started getting fun after the first time I beat the game.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja