This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you get PS3 instead of Xbox 360?

#191pecorrePosted 3/11/2013 8:27:30 AM
Exclusives, that's the only reason.
#192Mean_Bob91Posted 3/11/2013 9:44:39 AM
For one thing, I liked the PS1 and PS2, so it was a definite thing to get. The other reason was because my brother had the 360
#193Ultimate_BrolyPosted 3/11/2013 9:46:31 AM
I got the 60 gig fat PS3 when it was $600. My PS2 power button stopped working and wasn't able to be fixed so got the PS3 replacement. Since it's backwards compatible it does the job perfectly (and I still have it, upgraded the hard drive to 500 gigs though). I do however have an Xbox360 and a Wii but PS3 was first. I don't play Xbox often at all.

Here's my reasons:

Backwards compatibility (have the 60gig)
Online is free (I pay for PS+ though, its worth it to me)
Lots more exclusives that I enjoy
Controller is better and rechargeable (gold controller ftw)

I do admit though that I like Halo and Gears of War but thats it for Xbox (Tales of Vesperia is on PS3 now in Japan so its not exclusive anymore). I play PS3 every day when I get the chance, my friend has my Xbox.

The free online if they keep it for PS4 will be a great selling point I agree with the person above about that. I heard that PS+ has a ton more benefits on PS4 apparently so thats something to think about. I have no idea what Xbox720 aka Durango will have to offer but I can tell ya that PS4 aka Orbis will be bought first. The games they showed look incredible.
#194vashtrichamPosted 3/11/2013 9:50:33 AM
7 RROD made me a permanent Playstation user
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#195AlexTheNextOnePosted 3/11/2013 10:41:43 AM
Demon's Souls + Dark Souls.
#196JanayBerryPosted 3/11/2013 5:48:22 PM
Overall, it's Playstation Plus for me.

I just feel like I get more bang for my buck. And now that my Plus sub expire June 2015, I'm even more happy.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Favorites (since 3/10/13): DC Universe Online, Devil May Cry: HD Collection, Hard Corps: Uprising, Double Dragon Neon, Saints Row: The Third.
#197ISquat600lbsPosted 3/11/2013 6:02:10 PM
I got the PS3 because the Xbox is a piece of crap that always RRODs, scratches discs and has no good exclusive games. Microsoft is the worst company in existence too. The Xbox also looks like a piece of crap but the PS3 looks sleak, elegant and beautiful.

PS3 is the console you'd love to lick the b-hole of, Xbox is the kind of console that doesn't wipe after pooping.

I'm not being a fanboy here, just telling it how it is. The only people that would defend the Xbox are the poor saps who bought one instead of a PS3 or the dumb ones who bought one and a PS3 because they think there's a good reason to have both, when there isn't as the Xbox doesn't even make an attractive paper weight, I'd rather use a mug full of bear piss than an Xbox for that job.
#198EseenuzPosted 3/11/2013 6:03:57 PM
Mostly MGS4, bluray and I really like the PlayStation logo/controller better
#199Yamato_sanPosted 3/15/2013 9:22:53 AM(edited)
I only had a Wii for most of the last generation, having just gotten the PS3 over a year ago. My reasoning for going with it over the 360 is simple: I love Japanese games. I mean, sure, the XBox has a couple of them, but overall, I see it as being no different from an ultra obscure system like the PC-FX: a system that looks to have a couple worthwhile games that I might consider getting if I happened to have a million bucks to burn. Besides which, the exclusives have dwindled considerably as they got released on other platforms (notably, I was thinking about trying out IdolM@ster and some of the Tales games if I got one, but even those don't require an XBox now).

Having my first blu-ray player is a nice bonus as well. Now, I don't care much for all this high-quality nonsense, but the fact that Japan and North America share a region had major appeal to me. Hell, one of the first things I did after getting my PS3 was buying the Japanese limited edition BDs for Madoka Magica (even if a localization was almost inevitable, I wanted to try collecting at least one of those ludicrously expensive Japanese anime releases just for the hell of it, my favorite series of the prior year being perfect to start with.... that, and the soundtrack was included with them ^^).
#200ThePCElitistPosted 3/15/2013 9:18:38 AM
I own the PS3, 360 and Wii U because I'm not poor.
---
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning