This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the most innovative company? Sony, Nintendo, or M$?

#1TheGrumpyCatPosted 3/10/2013 9:00:13 PM
I say Nintendo with both hardware and software.
---
I had fun once, it was horrible.
#2agrissaPosted 3/10/2013 9:00:58 PM
Nintendo by far.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 3/10/2013 9:01:58 PM
Agreed. Nintendo is still the King of Gaming.

Obviously not the King of Games, but well, that wouldn't be possible anyway.
#4VarronPosted 3/10/2013 9:08:48 PM
Nintendo helped create the Playstation and Xbox's controller took inspiration from Nintendo controllers.
---
One Shot
PSN: Snippuh
#5SayoriaPosted 3/10/2013 9:10:03 PM
Nintendo.

Smash bros.
Pikmin.
Pokemon.
Animal Crossing
Mother
Fire Emblem

Then you have:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Pokemon Snap
Windwaker
They use of a remote/sensor for a controller. (Eyetoy, big woop, still different)
The dual screen portable

Of course, not all of them STARTED what they started, but they definitely try differently. They have something in most genres, and most of those games have a little edge that makes them different in those genres. Nintendo really seems to show no fear in going other ways, even with older franchises.... I mean Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics?.... Turning Metroid FPS?.... Tetris Attack?... They'll do almost anything that comes to mind.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#6kingofall214Posted 3/10/2013 9:11:44 PM
Hardware? Nintendo. They took risks with the wii motion stuff and it payed off. Software wise? I would say Sony as they put out a bunch of new IP's this gen. Uncharted, Resistance, Infamous, etc while nintendo used there famous 1st party titles for the most part.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#7DevilTears604Posted 3/10/2013 9:15:04 PM
Money-wise, I'd say Microsoft.

Licensing-wise, I'd say Sony.

Nintendo seems to have fallen off the innovation wagon recently, but there's one thing for sure...whenever it is that they release a first-party game, they are almost always masterpieces.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 3/10/2013 9:17:54 PM
DevilTears604 posted...

Nintendo seems to have fallen off the innovation wagon recently, but there's one thing for sure...whenever it is that they release a first-party game, they are almost always masterpieces.

Everyone has, really. For that innovation wagon that is. Even Indie games are largely uninnovative.

Nintendo can be consistent with their games, if nothing else.
#9jessica73Posted 3/10/2013 9:19:29 PM
Nintendo easily

Nintendo helped create the Playstation and Xbox's controller took inspiration from Nintendo controllers.

Xbox's controllers are Sega inspired
---
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8176/1257314186723.gif
#10DevilTears604Posted 3/10/2013 9:25:54 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
DevilTears604 posted...

Everyone has, really. For that innovation wagon that is. Even Indie games are largely uninnovative.

Nintendo can be consistent with their games, if nothing else.

I think the innovation wagon is lacking right now is because there's been so many studios going out of business that everyone's scrambling to find a money structure that will allow them to stay alive for the forseeable future. Not really a lot of time to innovate when you're struggling to stay alive.

I mean, really, unless you're Rockstar or Infinity Ward, you could go down tomorrow for all we know.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V