This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ugh. i just hate it when i die in an enemy fight in FFXIII.

#21tiornysPosted 3/10/2013 10:44:53 PM
Sand_Flare posted...
Dude, just have a dedicated healing paradigm ready if you're dying that much. When somebody gets to half their HP, heal up, then go back to attacking.

Doesn't work when the enemies are killing you from full HP in a single, coordinated mass attack.
#22theofficefan99Posted 3/10/2013 10:50:45 PM(edited)
OEIO999 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
OEIO999 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
inb4"hurrdurrthegameissoeasyibeatitbyjustpressingX"

EDIT: Too late. Sort of.

But it's true...

The only enemy you had to press up and down for different commands, was for the last boss. But that's because I rushed through the entire game (what was there to rush through), to finally meet the conclusion, much to my horror...

Uh-huh...

I'm sure you never had to Paradigm Shift (L1): wasn't that introduced near the end of the game? By then it ceased to matter

check enemy stats (R1): lol No!

cancel chains (Triangle): Why woud you need to cancel when mashing X gives you the best way to fight?

summon Eidolons and use Gestalt Mode (Circle and Square): You mean the most pointless way to lengthen a battle? No thx

Also, unlike other FF's, XIII requires a constant balance between melee and magic attacks and precise timing in order to successfully bring down your opponent's HP without taking an eternity: you and I must have been playing two totally different games, because nearly every battle in this game required zero strategy, but ill admit it did take an eternity due to fact there were literally dozens of clones requiring the same 'effort' to grind past

Yup

...wow...

I think you just confirmed that you didn't even play the game, or that you just flat-out have no clue what you're talking about.

Paradigm Shifts are introduced at the beginning of Chapter 3, which is about 5% into the game. How is that near the end?

Why wouldn't you? Aren't you using a variety of roles? Aren't you a Ravager at times? Don't you want to know your enemy's weaknesses and have the AI perform better? Then you need to cast Libra and you need to check enemy stats.

It's not pointless at all, considering that they can do a hefty amount of damage to opponents if the right Eidolon is summoned at the right time, and they also revive and fully heal all party members. Very useful.

See, this is why the fault is on you. No battle should take longer than three minutes if you have the right paradigms set up. If you use a Syn and Sab effectively, and if you time your attacks correctly, you'll Stagger the enemies very fast. And the game requires little to no grinding.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23Sand_FlarePosted 3/10/2013 11:00:01 PM
Doesn't work when the enemies are killing you from full HP in a single, coordinated mass attack.

The only time I ever had a problem with dying before I had a chance to heal was with those ice bombs on Pulse.
---
http://i.minus.com/iMDVRuYNQql6o.gif
#24tiornysPosted 3/10/2013 11:01:49 PM
Sand_Flare posted...
The only time I ever had a problem with dying before I had a chance to heal was with those ice bombs on Pulse.

You never let 5 Deckdrones get their kicks off, did you?
#25OEIO999Posted 3/10/2013 11:48:56 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...

...wow...

I think you just confirmed that you didn't even play the game, or that you just flat-out have no clue what you're talking about: okay...guess I should see a therapist to wipe what little traumatising memory I have held on to from playing this game

Paradigm Shifts are introduced at the beginning of Chapter 3, which is about 5% into the game. How is that near the end? are you sure? I'm pretty sure it was introduced along with any remanants of character customisation, when the whole group was together again, nonetheless it was just as useless as I'd previously stated. I mostly relied on three characters that I co-ordinated outside of combat to meet any demands and left it at that

Why wouldn't you? Aren't you using a variety of roles? Aren't you a Ravager at times? Don't you want to know your enemy's weaknesses and have the AI perform better? Then you need to cast Libra and you need to check enemy stats. ...uhmm I'm just gonna talk about the libra part. No, I never needed to check my enemies stats because most needed the basic methods to be dealt with, with the exception of some bosses it was completely useless p.s I barely used libra in any other FF's

It's not pointless at all, considering that they can do a hefty amount of damage to opponents if the right Eidolon is summoned at the right time, and they also revive and fully heal all party members. Very useful. hefty method? Yeah right considering by the time you unlock them, your character (or my) was already capable of dealing with enemies, without them

See, this is why the fault is on you. No battle should take longer than three minutes if you have the right paradigms set up. If you use a Syn and Sab effectively, and if you time your attacks correctly, you'll Stagger the enemies very fast. And the game requires little to no grinding. cool story bro, did I mention the part where nearly every battle was easy and simplistic enough to tackle with just mashing X, why complicate it? Also a JRPG that doesn't require grinding? Okayyy than...

Round 2. Fight!
#26JONlCS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 12:05:05 AM
lol. paradigm shift was introduced near the end of the game. XD
---
JawnixPSboy
http://i.imgur.com/Cwfmd.jpg
#27MwarriorHieiPosted 3/11/2013 12:46:31 AM
i auto-battled through the entire game. im gonna have to side with OEIO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#28JONlCS(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 1:03:38 AM
yeah, i auto-battle'd ever since i started the game. but there are times that i had to choose abilities, especially when the enemy is staggered. for some reason, the AI chooses the -ra and -ga spells when an enemy is staggered. i dont use that in a staggered enemy. charges too long.
---
JawnixPSboy
http://mtv-tv.mtvnimages.com/images/Best-Of/sasha-grey-01.jpg
#29RainIsMyDrugPosted 3/11/2013 1:20:09 AM
JiZamez posted...
People give the game so much crap but the ones doing all of that are either tools who just follow what all the reviewers or other haters who've barely played the game say or people who love jumping on the "Square-Enix sucks!" bandwagon.

I'll admit that from the beginning to about 65% of the game is pretty damn tedious and can turn a lot of people off to the game itself but the game does reach a point where it's an absolute blast and fights can be really intense, to the point where the battle system is easily the greatest of any FF game to date. All that nonsense about "just keep pressing X" applies more to previous FF games that had cursor memory and ATB.

As much as I hate FF12 I think FF12 did the battle system better then 13 did in my opinion
FF13 = dumb down version of 12 battle system and FFX sphere grid system.

But all and all I think FFX battle system is alot better, fast pace battle and the ability to level your character the way you want it. Want a str powerhouse yuna done, want a magic power waka done, fast pace lulu done etc.. . your not tie down to random stats.

Other then that FF13 was pretty ok too easy in my opinion if you just level up a bit
#30Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/11/2013 2:55:28 AM
OEIO999 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
OEIO999 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
inb4"hurrdurrthegameissoeasyibeatitbyjustpressingX"

EDIT: Too late. Sort of.

But it's true...

The only enemy you had to press up and down for different commands, was for the last boss. But that's because I rushed through the entire game (what was there to rush through), to finally meet the conclusion, much to my horror...

Uh-huh...

I'm sure you never had to Paradigm Shift (L1): wasn't that introduced near the end of the game? By then it ceased to matter

check enemy stats (R1): lol No!

cancel chains (Triangle): Why woud you need to cancel when mashing X gives you the best way to fight?

summon Eidolons and use Gestalt Mode (Circle and Square): You mean the most pointless way to lengthen a battle? No thx

Also, unlike other FF's, XIII requires a constant balance between melee and magic attacks and precise timing in order to successfully bring down your opponent's HP without taking an eternity: you and I must have been playing two totally different games, because nearly every battle in this game required zero strategy, but ill admit it did take an eternity due to fact there were literally dozens of clones requiring the same 'effort' to grind past

Yup

@OEIO999

Proof that you haven't even played the game. Mindless hating FTW!
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world