This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is AC black flag being hyped up now because it knows its going up against GTA5

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is AC black flag being hyped up now because it knows its going up against GTA5
2 years ago#1
I think that's why its in gamestop and tv comercials now. its going to flop hard and not sell well at because of gta 5 coming out as well.
2 years ago#2
It's being hyped up now because of a little thing called "Marketing" They want to advertise their product to let people know "Hey, we have AC4 coming out this year" Also AC4 is coming out long enough AFTER GTA5 that it shouldn't worry too much about it.

Also GTA5 is competing for a different market than AC4. It would be more appropiate to compare Watch Dogs.
---
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us
2 years ago#3
Like it or not, Assassins Creed is a Powerhouse in the Industry. Black Flag wont flop.

I'm not an Assassins Creed fan, but Black Flag interests me. I tried to get into the Series a while back, but I stopped before I was even halfway through AC II. It was just so repetitive. Got really boring to me. I wanted to get back into it when AC III was announced, but my intrigue level wasn't that high. Now with Black Flag though, I have never been this interested in an AC Game. Why? I think this may very well be the best Pirate Game ever created.

So considering that Fans will eat up this new AC, and that it may even create some new fans, I highly doubt Black Flag will flop. Actually, i'm certain it wont. The fans alone will make it a huge success
2 years ago#4
The ads are useless. The people interested in the game were already into the series and they already know there will be a new AC every year until the apocalypse.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
2 years ago#5
mogar002 posted...
The ads are useless. The people interested in the game were already into the series and they already know there will be a new AC every year until the apocalypse.

Ads are never useless. Ads can help market a game tremendously, something that Sony desperately needs help with. Looking at you Sly 4.
---
2 years ago#6
Sony has too many ads. I'm tired of GoW:A.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
2 years ago#7
mogar002 posted...

Lol, that and Uncharted(Well The Last of Us this year) are the only thing they hype up. Main reason why Starhawk failed, Sly wasn't a big multi seller, Twisted Metal wasn't a seller, etc.

The only thing that it seems like that Sony cares about is GoW, and The Last of Us.
---
2 years ago#8
zerooo0 posted...
mogar002 posted...

Lol, that and Uncharted(Well The Last of Us this year) are the only thing they hype up. Main reason why Starhawk failed, Sly wasn't a big multi seller, Twisted Metal wasn't a seller, etc.

The only thing that it seems like that Sony cares about is GoW, and The Last of Us.

Sadly this
2 years ago#9
I never liked the AC games until it came to amercan playing ac3 in American and the time period is still fun. I will trade in ac3 for ac4 for sure.

im just saying its way to early to hype this game.
2 years ago#10
Well, I'm not interested in GTA5, and I'm definitely getting AC4 (except I'm getting the PS4 version..)
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. is AC black flag being hyped up now because it knows its going up against GTA5

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived