This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Defiance an MMO Shooter - It's a Game and a Show Both Coming in April

#1TigercmlPosted 3/11/2013 1:51:07 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to spread the word on a new MMO Shooter called Defiance. The Defiance PS3 board here is fairly slow so I thought I would post here and try to get people interested in the game.

Defiance is a 3rd person MMO Shooter. No monthly subscription. You just have to buy the game. It will have up to 1,000 players per server. The game is mostly PvE with focus on co-op but there is PvP in the game with massive 50 vs 50 player battles. The game will have hundreds of weapons and armors, dozens of vehicles from dirt bikes, atv's all the way up to tank like trucks. This game will also be a TV series.

The game and show will coincide with each other. The developers said that neither the game or show came first. They partnered with SyFy to create an original experience of game and show merger. The events of the show influence the events of the game and vice versa. Characters are in both the game and show. I think its a great idea. A good way to get fans involved and keep them interested. I have high hopes for both game and show. Both have potential to be great because of each other.

If you haven't heard of this game you should definitely check it out. The game comes out April 2nd and the show starts April 15th on SyFy. There will be a console Beta sometime before release. You can go to defiance.com/game to sign up for the Beta.

For more info on the game check out these sites:
http://www.defiance.com/en/game/
http://forums.defiance.com/
http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/

You can also check out this 1 hour gameplay video. The developer answers many questions regarding the game. You can watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFTRgWhLcVs

I hope this post helps spark some interest. The more people playing the better. I hope to see you out there.
#2BizzyBumPosted 3/11/2013 1:52:40 PM
I read the title in peter griffin's voice
---
I'm bored at work...
#3JohnHitman47Posted 3/11/2013 1:56:28 PM
I was excited for the game but i don't see a beta on ps3 not even info about that so not going to buy it.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#4Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/11/2013 1:57:17 PM
Might get it..probably won't. Not big on third person shooters.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#5Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 2:09:57 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...
I was excited for the game but i don't see a beta on ps3 not even info about that so not going to buy it.

Official Beta info hasn't been released yet. But there will be a beta. When you sign up for the beta on the website it asks you which system you would like to try the beta for. Rumors are that the console betas will be the March 22nd weekend.
#6JohnHitman47Posted 3/11/2013 2:14:04 PM
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

Official Beta info hasn't been released yet. But there will be a beta. When you sign up for the beta on the website it asks you which system you would like to try the beta for. Rumors are that the console betas will be the March 22nd weekend.

Open beta?
---
#7Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 2:55:31 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

Open beta?

It says you have to get picked to try the beta but when I signed up I got an email the next day saying I was accepted into all future beta's. I'm sure they're accepting just about anyone who sign up for it. You might as well give it a shot and sign up.
#8JohnHitman47Posted 3/11/2013 2:57:48 PM
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

Open beta?

It says you have to get picked to try the beta but when I signed up I got an email the next day saying I was accepted into all future beta's. I'm sure they're accepting just about anyone who sign up for it. You might as well give it a shot and sign up.

Ok thanks, going to sign up right now.
---
#9Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 3:03:03 PM
JohnHitman47 posted...
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
Tigercml posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...

Open beta?

Ok thanks, going to sign up right now.

No problem. I'm just trying to get people as excited as I am for this game. I went for the $150 Ultimate Edition after all. I'm really looking forward to this game.
#10Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 4:23:34 PM
Bump