This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Defiance an MMO Shooter - It's a Game and a Show Both Coming in April

#61true_gamer80Posted 3/15/2013 3:30:38 PM
Had my eye on this game for awhile, looks awesome
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#62Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 10:16:33 AM
Bump
#63Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/16/2013 6:04:56 PM(edited)
I'm definitely hyped for the show, but I don't think that the game will last. Destiny will practically offer everything that Defiance will, except on a much bigger and long term scale.

From what I've seen of the game it looks incredibly cheap and clunky. The animations looked laggy even though the full servers wouldn't be up yet.

---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#64Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 10:38:24 PM
I don't know. I think it has the potential to last. Plus there is always the possibility of it going completely FTP if the population is low. FTP would certainly increase player population.
#65OoSubaruoOPosted 3/16/2013 10:47:04 PM
So, this is actually an MMO? Meh, not going to bother then.
#66CaptainLukaPosted 3/16/2013 10:50:04 PM
Tigercml posted...
I don't know. I think it has the potential to last. Plus there is always the possibility of it going completely FTP if the population is low. FTP would certainly increase player population.

Isn't it already FTP? Unless you're talking about buying DLC or bits. But there is no subscription, which makes it FTP.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#67Bolc56Posted 3/17/2013 1:48:36 AM
You just made me more excited for this game
#68Tigercml(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:04:16 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
Tigercml posted...

Isn't it already FTP? Unless you're talking about buying DLC or bits. But there is no subscription, which makes it FTP.

Technically it's B2P(buy to play). There is no monthly fee, you just buy the disc and you can play online for free. When I say F2P I mean they might eventually make it so you don't have to buy the disc and just download it free from PSN like DCUO and Dust. I don't know if they are going to do this or not but if player numbers are low than they might not have any other options.
#69CaptainLukaPosted 3/17/2013 11:54:11 AM
Tigercml posted...
CaptainLuka posted...
Tigercml posted...

Technically it's B2P(buy to play). There is no monthly fee, you just buy the disc and you can play online for free. When I say F2P I mean they might eventually make it so you don't have to buy the disc and just download it free from PSN like DCUO and Dust. I don't know if they are going to do this or not but if player numbers are low than they might not have any other options.

That makes sense. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to MMOs and the different payment paths they can take.

Learning something new daily. Thanks!
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#70ManuKesnaPosted 3/17/2013 8:35:45 PM
did they already send the codes for the ps3 beta or not?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna