This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never played a Resident Evil game.

#1ThamauturgePosted 3/11/2013 7:58:59 PM
And as a survival horror fan, that is unacceptable. I love stuff like Silent Hill 1-3.

Anyways, a series as extensive as RE is a little overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start out.

The game systems that I still have active are my PS2, PS3 (PS1 also due to BC and PSN) and a Gamecube.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection
#2VarronPosted 3/11/2013 8:01:20 PM
Go play them.
---
One Shot
PSN: Snippuh
#3piazzapimper313Posted 3/11/2013 8:01:22 PM
I dont think you can be a survival horror fan and not play resident evil!

If i were you, id start out with the first resident evil or code veronica, just to see how the older gameplay was. Then move on to 4, and potentially 5.. maybe 6
#4theshovellerPosted 3/11/2013 8:02:30 PM
My suggestion would be as follows:

Resident Evil 0 on Gamecube.

Resident Evil on Gamecube.

If you can find them, the versions of Resident Evil 2 and 3 on Gamecube. Worst-case scenario, get the PS1 versions off the PSN store or something.

Resident Evil 4 on... probably the one they have in HD on PS3.

RE5 on any console or PC, doesn't matter.

RE6, same thing.

The older ones are more "classic" survival horror, a la the original Alone in the Dark games. The newer ones, RE4 and onwards, are more action-oriented and less survival-horror-based. I think the plot's still fairly decent in them. RE5 and RE6, you might even be able to find fairly cheap - $20 or so. Oh, and those two are best played with a friend who won't ruin the game for you (i.e. "There's a big guy coming, just shoot him in the groin and hide behind a barrel.")
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#5Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/11/2013 8:03:22 PM(edited)
edited
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 3/11/2013 8:02:45 PM
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2 Dualshock Version (Disc 2 THEN Disc 1)
RE3
RE: Code Veronica X
RE4
REmake
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#7jubjub360Posted 3/11/2013 8:02:47 PM
Tarantino it. Play RE6 but just the tutorial part, then go back and play 0 then 1 then 2 then 3 and so on.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:7~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#8Skunkdog1Posted 3/11/2013 8:02:52 PM
go play RE4
proceed to feel bad for not playing one of the greatest games ever made
#9theshovellerPosted 3/11/2013 8:08:01 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Tarantino it. Play RE6 but just the tutorial part, then go back and play 0 then 1 then 2 then 3 and so on.

"I like to start at the end of a story, then go back to the beginning and proceed forward from there, until finally coming back around to the end, where you might view the characters in a different light with new perspective."

I love that part in The Other Guys.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#10Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 4:21:26 AM(edited)
I found the GameCube REmake for a good price. 16 dollars used -like new. I think I would like to start there.

Can someone explain though what the difference is between RE2 and 3 on the GC vs the PS1?
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection