This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never played a Resident Evil game.

#31Renzokuken405Posted 3/12/2013 12:45:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32codman4Posted 3/12/2013 12:50:08 PM
Since some people have a hard time enjoying the original trilogy after playing the newer games, so I recommend them first: RE: Director's Cut, RE2 & RE3

I'd then say move onto REmake for GameCube. You can then finish with RE4 and feel satisfied.

If you still want more RE in the same vein as the originals, then go with RE: Code Veronica X & RE0.

If you prefer RE4 style of play, then try RE5 & RE6.

All of the other RE games can really vary in quality, and I'd only recommend them if you find that you become a big fan of the series.
#33RayconPosted 3/12/2013 12:50:18 PM
Thamauturge posted...
Just don't expect to be much of an "horror" series. Therefore, i would only recommend you Resident Evil 4, 5 and maybe 6 (haven't played the game yet, so i can't say for sure).

I actually think that my progress right now is going to be REmake > RE4 > RE: Revelations HD

Unless 2-3 are SUPER important. It wouldn't be great to regress in gameplay after the REmake, but I'll manage. I did by going from SH2 > SH1

Is RE really story driven? Or are RE2 and 3 too important to skip?

RE2 definitely. Heralded by many fans as the best in the series, and I agree. Follow up with RE3 is you enjoyed RE2 (but it's not critical, I don't think). RECVX is critical to the on-going plot if you plan on going to RE4 and beyond. RE4 was where the series stopped being survival horror for me though, so I ditched that.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#34Renzokuken405Posted 3/12/2013 12:52:07 PM
I would suggest playing 2 before 4, since the character you play as on 4, first shows up on 2.(if you want to know more about him.)
---
Like a wolf, stalking its prey.
#35JonnyZPosted 3/12/2013 12:55:13 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Tarantino it. Play RE6 but just the tutorial part, then go back and play 0 then 1 then 2 then 3 and so on.

XD I strangely like this idea.
---
PSN: ErikJon
WKC:IE ID = Jonny
#36Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 12:58:00 PM
Thankfully 2 and 3 are very accessible.

EU is having a sale for the RE franchise right now, hopefully this ends up like the FF sale a couple weeks ago where EU initially gets it, and then a few weeks later US gets it. If so I will get 2 and 3.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection
#37MisterSpliffPosted 3/12/2013 1:08:55 PM
Thamauturge posted...
Just don't expect to be much of an "horror" series. Therefore, i would only recommend you Resident Evil 4, 5 and maybe 6 (haven't played the game yet, so i can't say for sure).

I actually think that my progress right now is going to be REmake > RE4 > RE: Revelations HD

Unless 2-3 are SUPER important. It wouldn't be great to regress in gameplay after the REmake, but I'll manage. I did by going from SH2 > SH1

Is RE really story driven? Or are RE2 and 3 too important to skip?

RE2 is really the only one that regresses in gameplay, with that only being the lack of quick turn. You'll actually find that the tank controls in 3 and CVX are a bit tighter than in REmake / RE 0.
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#38JoveHackPosted 3/12/2013 1:45:24 PM
2NIKNIM posted...
If you are going to play Resi1,make sure you get the directors cut

^^ This.

I recommend starting with RE1:DC. If you can go through 10 rooms and not still want to see what's beyond the next door then the early games may not be for you.

Because that's what it's all about, exploring devastated areas, fighting monsters you can't beat, and reading files to slowly piece together what happened.

"Itchy. Tasty."

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com