This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason behind the Sessler GoWA trophy backlash

#1Evel138Posted 3/12/2013 3:19:26 AM
It would have been different if the issue was something truly mean spirited and misogynistic, but as is, the phrase "bros before hos" has been in the pop vernacular for a very long time and is typically used to solicit some component of humor.

While the scene may or may not be construed as misogynistic (a fantasy creature with the face of a women doesn't qualify imho), its obvious the trophy name was an attempt of being humorous by the dev.

For him to make such a big deal out of it just makes him appear (I think he usually a very insightful, well thought commentator) insufferable and out of touch imho.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 3/12/2013 3:21:16 AM
I Understand what is happening etc, but....who is Adam Sessler? Is he famous in the Vidya Game world, or just a one time moaner?
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD and Dragon Quest X Beta (Vita) Soul Sacrifice and PSO2.
#3DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/12/2013 3:26:34 AM
He was from Xplay on G4TV, him an his unibrowed co-host.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me
#4ChuckyPosted 3/12/2013 3:39:05 AM
Evel138 posted...
It would have been different if the issue was something truly mean spirited and misogynistic, but as is, the phrase "bros before hos" has been in the pop vernacular for a very long time and is typically used to solicit some component of humor.

Thats the main problem with the trophy name, Kratos isn't beating this person to a pulp for a laugh, so why treat it like one?

Now while I do think it is a storm in a tea cup, I do see why people find it offensive, the violence is something that should be expected of a GoW game, but they shouldn't trivialise it with silly jokes or puns.

What I find more disturbing is the amount of people crying over the change, they're clearly not old enough to be playing the game is they can't see the difference between political correctness gone mad and changing something due to bad taste.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#5SophisticationPosted 3/12/2013 3:41:29 AM
DarKxReckoninG posted...
He was from Xplay on G4TV, him an his unibrowed co-host.

You mean manjaws? She had a body only a lumberjack could love... She made me wanna vomit and poop in my pants if I weren't so sophisticated. It makes sense why they teamed those two crotch sticks up now.

He was the feminine one and ol' manjaws was the masculine one.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#6SophisticationPosted 3/12/2013 3:45:59 AM
Chucky posted...
Evel138 posted...

Thats the main problem with the trophy name, Kratos isn't beating this person to a pulp for a laugh, so why treat it like one?

Now while I do think it is a storm in a tea cup, I do see why people find it offensive, the violence is something that should be expected of a GoW game, but they shouldn't trivialise it with silly jokes or puns.

What I find more disturbing is the amount of people crying over the change, they're clearly not old enough to be playing the game is they can't see the difference between political correctness gone mad and changing something due to bad taste.

Did you actually get to this point? I have... she is a demon. She is a hellspawned demon. She even laughs while he's putting the boots to her ugly rectum face on top of it... that scene was so tame it makes me sick to see all these sackless white knights.

They've already got to the movie industry.... games are next.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#7656stoogePosted 3/12/2013 3:52:01 AM
Stupidity?

*sirens go off, streamers and balloons fall from sky, and sexy models come out from behind the curtains with a lovely bit of glazed ham.*

Yay. Looks like I answered another topic successfully.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#8ChuckyPosted 3/12/2013 3:56:18 AM
Sophistication posted...
Chucky posted...
Evel138 posted...

Did you actually get to this point? I have... she is a demon. She is a hellspawned demon. She even laughs while he's putting the boots to her ugly rectum face on top of it... that scene was so tame it makes me sick to see all these sackless white knights.

They've already got to the movie industry.... games are next.

Did you read what I wrote, she may be a demon, but there is still no need to trivialise the violence with humour, it just looks tacky.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#9Evel138(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:56:35 AM
Chucky posted...
Evel138 posted...

Because its a video game. Say it slowly.....v-i-d-e-o g-a-m-e....I didn't realize that fantasy violence, against a mythical creature no less, now must be subject of such ridiculous sensitivity....toward.......umm.......mythical creatures I guess????

Really? I guess violence against fantasy creatures is serious business in your world?

And who the **** might you (or Adam Sessler) be to tell me, or anyone, whats in "bad taste"? This IS political correctness at its worst imho....whereby an expression....even in "bad taste" was altered, abridged and otherwise **** with by pressure of the PC police......opinions- you and Sessler are entitled to yours, but the above is what people are pissed about, at least from my perspective.

It's like no one can even have a thought unless it conforms with thier progressive, PC little kumbaya world.....it sickens me tbqh.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#10JONlCSPosted 3/12/2013 4:02:06 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/061127.jpg
---
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PSVsPiIwsqQ/TAlGHwwN_zI/AAAAAAAAAXE/ipm4TVU-b-0/s1600/tumblr_l3czi5m2dd1qzavhvo1_500.jpg
JawnixPSboy