This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still play for trophies?

#101Mystery_CooperPosted 3/12/2013 9:43:59 PM
First playthrough: No.
Subsequent playthroughs: Depends on perceived difficulty and tediousness. I enjoy a challenge, but if it's too hard or just a whole lot of grinding... probably not.
Multiplayer trophies: lolno. Main reason I never Platinum'd any of my Assassin's Creed games.
---
EU = Europe = Continent
US = United States = Continent
- legendof
#102firedraco2Posted 3/12/2013 10:00:36 PM
Depends on the game. If I like the game I'll get everything, if I don't then I won't bother.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn
#103thisranksPosted 3/12/2013 10:01:57 PM
I'd love to know if any of these trophy haters 100% games before they existed. Getting the Wild Arms EX keys are pretty much trophies on their own. You just don't hear a ping. Did you get the epic weapons in FFX? Ping without hearing the sound...

The worst part is people complain about them knowing they aren't forced or necessary to beating a game. You also aren't forced to check or compare them. It's not a necessity ...

Funny how it has become a necessity for some people to project their personal likes/dislikes on video game forums in the form of a topic such as this. It's not like we don't know if the TC and the other haters really didn't care we wouldn't have seen this topic in the first place because they would be ignoring those detestable trophies.

But why be realistic when you can hide behind anonymity and whine to your heart's content while you desperately search for the company that your misery craves?
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#104PringerXPosted 3/12/2013 10:24:22 PM
I'd love to know if any of these trophy haters 100% games before they existed. Getting the Wild Arms EX keys are pretty much trophies on their own. You just don't hear a ping. Did you get the epic weapons in FFX? Ping without hearing the sound...

The worst part is people complain about them knowing they aren't forced or necessary to beating a game. You also aren't forced to check or compare them. It's not a necessity ...

Funny how it has become a necessity for some people to project their personal likes/dislikes on video game forums in the form of a topic such as this. It's not like we don't know if the TC and the other haters really didn't care we wouldn't have seen this topic in the first place because they would be ignoring those detestable trophies.

But why be realistic when you can hide behind anonymity and whine to your heart's content while you desperately search for the company that your misery craves?

Most of these people probably aren't lying in that regard. They just aren't gamers. You would think if that were the case they wouldn't be posting on an internet video game message board, but some people just don't have anything else to do. You know people are out of ideas when all they talk about are things they supposedly don't care about.
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll
#105Stalwart_JanxPosted 3/12/2013 11:25:10 PM
thisranks posted...

I can remember the days on my PS2 where I would play games like .Hack//, .Hack GU, FFXII, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and basically any other RPG out at the time and trying to get EVERYTHING. I explored different zones in .Hack. I did all the Monster Hunting missions and Esper battles, hunting down all the rare gear in FFXII. Star Ocean I went for all the optional stuff as well, all without trophies.

And now a days.. I do the same thing, and now trophies are part of that. Trophies have only ADDED to my enjoyment of games. But thats jut my opinion.
---
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
#106lostnumberwarPosted 3/12/2013 11:26:47 PM
No I still play for the same reason I always have because I don't have enough energy to beat off every second of the day.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.