This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hard copy on disc games or digital media via psn

#1vaultdweller94Posted 3/12/2013 2:56:13 PM
i myself like hard copy games. i am curious to see what people and go for and what YOU like or prefer.
#2Kingmichael1337Posted 3/12/2013 2:57:00 PM
if psn was like steam then i'd say digital media

but it's not
---
I'M GAY.
#3slymshadyPosted 3/12/2013 5:14:55 PM
A hard copy, as I like to own a game, not have it available digitally until the service stops on me
#4Godly_GoofPosted 3/12/2013 5:26:41 PM
Disc because it's better in absolutely every way.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5vaultdweller94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:09:26 PM
slymshady posted...
A hard copy, as I like to own a game, not have it available digitally until the service stops on me

agreed i like to know i have something solid or physical and to know i actually own something not just have it quote in quote "available"
#6SophisticationPosted 3/12/2013 8:11:17 PM
Digital... but it doesn't matter anymore 'cos facestation 4 isn't going to play any of it. Which is pathetic.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#7vaultdweller94(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:19:21 PM
Sophistication posted...
Digital... but it doesn't matter anymore 'cos facestation 4 isn't going to play any of it. Which is pathetic.

wow wow wow what!? do you know for a a fact? (not rhetorical)
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 3/12/2013 8:20:58 PM
PS4 just won't be supporting current PSN material.

That is fact.

Since we don't even have actual hardware to so much as glance at, who knows what will come of it all. Besides bankruptcy for a horrible decision.
#9AlltraPosted 3/12/2013 8:20:59 PM
Not PS3 digital stuff, for the moment, and they said they have no plans later save maybe through streaming.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#10Stanger5150Posted 3/12/2013 8:28:19 PM(edited)
I used to not care, but since Sony has shown that they have no interest in future-proofing PSN content, I have started buying physical copies of all of my digital games that have that option.

I really thought that once digitally distributed games became popular, companies would make sure they were always available. Once the PS3 loses PSN, whenever that will be, all of my digital games will be gone forever when my PS3 dies. This goes beyond the exclusion of physical BC.

I'm not concerned about physical BC, since the games I have will always be playable with any PS3. The PSN stuff though, I find inexcusable.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES