This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hard copy on disc games or digital media via psn

#11SophisticationPosted 3/12/2013 8:26:54 PM
vaultdweller94 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Digital... but it doesn't matter anymore 'cos facestation 4 isn't going to play any of it. Which is pathetic.

wow wow wow what!? do you know for a a fact? (not rhetorical)

Yes, it's been confirmed. In 3 to 4 years they expect to have ps1, 2 &3 games on stream from gaikai... but don't get excited just yet -- have you ever played games from streaming services? If not well expect disadvantaged graphics, lag and poor overall quality. Ps1 games and by that time ps2 games should be alright... but ps3 games will never look as they did on digital download or bdr disc. Just won't happen.

Let's not forget your cable proved/isp is going to have to improve. To stream u3 will be literally 8 to 30 gb a session. Wrap your head around the bandwidth needed.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#12PhaseSlaethePosted 3/12/2013 8:27:54 PM
Not to mention, Sony is going to charge you for all of those games. Again. And without a doubt.

The name of every game right now is micro-transaction. EA didn't start it. They just got caught doing an easy version.
#13SophisticationPosted 3/12/2013 8:32:17 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Not to mention, Sony is going to charge you for all of those games. Again. And without a doubt.

The name of every game right now is micro-transaction. EA didn't start it. They just got caught doing an easy version.

Oh yeah... don't expect it to just be offered up as a perk. No way. We got the Sony butt burn this gen and it is going to continue. If they don't charge for individual purchases they will have a 3 teir package plan that you enroll in monthly to stream the games. Bank it. You are basically working towards an industry where you will never own a thing again.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#14WarhawkPosted 3/12/2013 8:37:21 PM
For the most part physical. Some of the games digitally would take up more space on the HDD compared to owning a physical copy of the game.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X