This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modern Warfare Is one of the biggest innovators this gen...

#1mmpepsiPosted 3/12/2013 3:44:24 PM
Looking back I can't see how anyone can deny it.

So many games have taken one thing or another from it, whether it's the XP system (tons of games use it now in both single and multi) or just the controls. How many FPS control exactly like CoD? Exactly. Play Modern Warfare then load up Borderlands. Same controls.

Modern Warfare just controlled more smoothly. Look at an FPS that came out before COD4 (Resistance for example...which BTW the sequels control like COD4) and compare the controls. COD4 is just better.

Haters gonna hate though because they hate the truth.
#2SigmaHacielPosted 3/12/2013 3:45:33 PM
I...I guess this can be considered "trying"? I dunno, maybe a 4?
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:48:05 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
I...I guess this can be considered "trying"? I dunno, maybe a 4?

No trying.

It's the truth. Tell me how I'm wrong if you can.
#4gucciburrrPosted 3/12/2013 3:49:06 PM
No game this gen has been as important to gaming as CoD 4. The hermits up here will disagree but who cares....
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#5riddlebox89Posted 3/12/2013 3:49:14 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Looking back I can't see how anyone can deny it.

So many games have taken one thing or another from it, whether it's the XP system (tons of games use it now in both single and multi) or just the controls. How many FPS control exactly like CoD? Exactly. Play Modern Warfare then load up Borderlands. Same controls.

Modern Warfare just controlled more smoothly. Look at an FPS that came out before COD4 (Resistance for example...which BTW the sequels control like COD4) and compare the controls. COD4 is just better.

Haters gonna hate though because they hate the truth.

So Modern Warfare is innovative because it copies the standard "Earn this amount of XP and you unlock something!" and uses Medal of Honors control setup?

Yeah Call of Duty is as innovative as I am the president of Pimps and Hoes incorporated, Call of Duty didn't do much else than copy Medal of Honor.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6MalifacentXPosted 3/12/2013 3:49:49 PM
Perhaps Modern Warfare (CoD4) itself, as it was the birth of the major console following, but those that came after could hardly be considered innovative.
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#7metfan57Posted 3/12/2013 3:50:04 PM
Not at all a COD fanboy (i don't even play anymore) I don't see how you could deny MW's impact on the industry over the last 5 or so years.
---
"their is no spoon-the matricks']
#8SigmaHacielPosted 3/12/2013 3:51:22 PM
metfan57 posted...
Not at all a COD fanboy (i don't even play anymore) I don't see how you could deny MW's impact on the industry over the last 5 or so years.

Yes it gave breeding grounds to the neckbeards who are too bad at every other game.

MW didn't innovate jack OR ****. MP was a thing LONG before CoD even existed.

ALL the CoD of nowadays did was mainstream a cheap online MP mechanic and barebones FPS controls.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#9VarronPosted 3/12/2013 3:52:41 PM
CoD MW made FPS games fun again.
---
One Shot
PSN: Snippuh
#10metfan57Posted 3/12/2013 3:53:12 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
metfan57 posted...

Yes it gave breeding grounds to the neckbeards who are too bad at every other game.

MW didn't innovate jack OR ****. MP was a thing LONG before CoD even existed.

ALL the CoD of nowadays did was mainstream a cheap online MP mechanic and barebones FPS controls.

Chill out, you make it sound as if i was praising it. I agree with your points fully.
---
"their is no spoon-the matricks']