This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modern Warfare Is one of the biggest innovators this gen...

#21mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 5:24:25 PM
riddlebox89 posted...

And here you prove rather obviously that you can't read worth a damn.

Did I say MoH uses the XP system? Please point that out to me because from what I see, I said that the XP system was used in other games before CoD4 and the first time I mentioned MoH was referring to the controls, not the XP system.

Please tell me a game that used the same XP system.

And the only pre COD4 console Medal of Honor I played was Frontline and it didn't control anywhere near as tight as COD4 does.

If it was that great it would have influenced other FPS, but it didn't. The control scheme COD4 uses started being used in every FPS after COD4.
#22james_hellerPosted 3/12/2013 5:45:11 PM
CoD4 was actually a good game and did in fact innovate. And with that said...

That and 2 were the only good CoD's. CoD reminds me a lot like THPS and Guitar Hero.... both innovative, and series owned by Activision, that were great the first few games, but because of milking, died and only ruined its reputation.

Now, did CoD4 change gaming for the best? Looking now, I don't think so.
#23ManuKesnaPosted 3/12/2013 5:47:13 PM
cod4 yes, then they ruined the series with yearly crappy games
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#24riddlebox89Posted 3/12/2013 6:03:18 PM
mmpepsi posted...

And the only pre COD4 console Medal of Honor I played was Frontline and it didn't control anywhere near as tight as COD4 does.

If it was that great it would have influenced other FPS, but it didn't. The control scheme COD4 uses started being used in every FPS after COD4.

Now why would I waste time making the effort to look through my games and find one that came out before CoD4 that uses an XP system that is similar when all you'll do is come up with some crappy excuse to say it doesn't count?

That doesn't alter the fact that they still used the same control setup.

Lol, yeah sure, you do know that CoD started after MoH did right? And when CoD first came around it was pretty much the same thing as MoH? Right down to the controls CoD was nothing but an MoH clone, MoH started using the control setup CoD uses long before CoD4 even existed.

Face it kid, CoD4 didn't innovate a damn thing, nor did any CoD title for that matter.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#25Skunkdog1Posted 3/12/2013 6:14:24 PM
cod4 is innovative for the wrong reasons. every FPS out there now tries to copy it and fails.
#26MudbuttSanchezPosted 3/12/2013 6:21:48 PM
Modern Warfare was good but it wasn't innovative. Console controls and a good online had already been mastered with Halo 2. The XP system was nice but that's not innovative. For most people, especially PS3 owners it was their first proper fps game they played.
#27mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:07:37 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
mmpepsi posted...

Now why would I waste time making the effort to look through my games and find one that came out before CoD4 that uses an XP system that is similar when all you'll do is come up with some crappy excuse to say it doesn't count?

That doesn't alter the fact that they still used the same control setup.

Lol, yeah sure, you do know that CoD started after MoH did right? And when CoD first came around it was pretty much the same thing as MoH? Right down to the controls CoD was nothing but an MoH clone, MoH started using the control setup CoD uses long before CoD4 even existed.

Face it kid, CoD4 didn't innovate a damn thing, nor did any CoD title for that matter.

You'd be wasting your time because you wouldn't find a game that has it. You just have blind hatred for Call of Duty that's making you say silly things.

And no, the first Call of Duty and Medal of Honor felt pretty different. In Call of Duty you were just one soldier in a big battle. In Medal of Honor you were a super soldier going everywhere on your own murdering Nazi's. Sure there were a few times you were with other soldiers, but for the most part you were alone. Not saying it's a bad thing, but I am saying MOH and CoD were pretty different.

Skunkdog1 posted...
cod4 is innovative for the wrong reasons. every FPS out there now tries to copy it and fails.

So you're saying it should have been a bad game so no one would have copied it?

What are these wrong reasons it was innovative for? I'd love to know. Seems like they did those things to bring some new great stuff to their series which CoD3 showed was getting stale.
#28shotgunheadshotPosted 3/12/2013 7:24:04 PM(edited)
How does it innovate? By giving pretty graphics? Big deal a lot of games do. The game is nothing special and it's a completely overrated series. The online multiplayer is overrated boring garbage too. It's just a game with lots of explosions and that's why people like it.