This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which should I buy, Ni No Kuni or Darksiders II?

#1DarknessXSeekerPosted 3/12/2013 5:34:32 PM
Which do you think? - Results (93 votes)
Darksiders II
18.28% (17 votes)
Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch
81.72% (76 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have watched videos of both and they look really good, I do plan on buying both but right now I only want to get one. Cause I am saving money for Assassin's Creed IV, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 etc.... So which do you think I should get and please state why.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#2Tricked Out HoroPosted 3/12/2013 5:37:28 PM
Ni No Kuni. Darksiders 2 just isn't enjoyable. (at least it wasn't to me) It's way too long and consists of nothing but fetch quests.
---
Gear Second.
#3S1lver_Bull3tPosted 3/12/2013 5:38:04 PM
Don't know anything about Ni No Kuni, but I RENTED Darksiders 2 and regretted it.
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."
#4DarknessXSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 8:54:21 PM
I knew Ni No Kuni would get more votes, but I still wanted to see.
---
#5FiendingHardPosted 3/12/2013 8:57:43 PM
As someone who loved Darksiders immensely, DS2 was a huge disappointment. The combat is fun but the loot really ruined the game and any sense of progression not to mention Vigil bit off more than they could chew. The first one is better in a lot of ways so get that instead if you haven't played it.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Spec Ops: The Line, Final Fantasy 9.
#6DarknessXSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:10:21 PM
FiendingHard posted...
As someone who loved Darksiders immensely, DS2 was a huge disappointment. The combat is fun but the loot really ruined the game and any sense of progression not to mention Vigil bit off more than they could chew. The first one is better in a lot of ways so get that instead if you haven't played it.

Well Darksiders is free on PSN and my friend is renting the first one and said I could borrow it when he's done. So I will be playing it, but I am going to buy Darksiders 2.
---
#7no2morroPosted 3/12/2013 9:27:14 PM
Well, as a fan of Darksiders, I can say I am fairly disappointed with Darksiders 2 at the moment (got it free on EU PSN+). Its bigger, has a loot system and has RPG elements, the combat seems a little better (bit button-mashy, but its good) but the atmosphere is a little bland when compared with the first.

In regard to Ni No Kuni...its really going to depend on whether you are an RPG fan. If you aren't, then Ni No Kuni won't interest you. If you do, its supposed to be a solid RPG.

Personally, I am going to wait on it (as I have a backlog of 50+ games), but I have plans for it...as for Darksiders 2, I will finish it, but I'm just going through the motions right now. I got Sleeping Dogs last month and loved that, but this isn't grabbing me at all. Death is a cool looking character and all, but none of the characters (so far) seem to have a great deal of presence so as to make me really care about them. I loved War in the first one...god he looked brutal...I hope I am just not far enough into it and I have the wrong impression (beat what looks like a second sub-boss yesterday, Gharn or something like that - not impressed).
---
Peasant: What line of business might you be in?
Hopkins: God's Business: witch-finding!-Do you confess?
#8DarknessXSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:48:04 AM
no2morro posted...
Well, as a fan of Darksiders, I can say I am fairly disappointed with Darksiders 2 at the moment (got it free on EU PSN+). Its bigger, has a loot system and has RPG elements, the combat seems a little better (bit button-mashy, but its good) but the atmosphere is a little bland when compared with the first.

In regard to Ni No Kuni...its really going to depend on whether you are an RPG fan. If you aren't, then Ni No Kuni won't interest you. If you do, its supposed to be a solid RPG.

Personally, I am going to wait on it (as I have a backlog of 50+ games), but I have plans for it...as for Darksiders 2, I will finish it, but I'm just going through the motions right now. I got Sleeping Dogs last month and loved that, but this isn't grabbing me at all. Death is a cool looking character and all, but none of the characters (so far) seem to have a great deal of presence so as to make me really care about them. I loved War in the first one...god he looked brutal...I hope I am just not far enough into it and I have the wrong impression (beat what looks like a second sub-boss yesterday, Gharn or something like that - not impressed).

Well I am the type of person that loves just about every kind of game. I love games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Devil May Cry etc... So yeah I know I would love Ni No Kuni and Darksiders 2, but for now I am going to wait on it cause my cousin is about to get Darksiders 1 and I will see how well I like it.
---
#9este914Posted 3/13/2013 9:18:06 AM
Other - Neither
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#10blackwaltz3Posted 3/13/2013 10:17:16 AM
I enjoyed Darksiders 2 but NNK is a much better game in my opinion
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds