You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I played BL1 (and all dlc :)) and absolutely loved it (all 100% alone too haha), and I kinda want to get BL2, but I have some questions. 1) Can it be played through fine alone? 2) Splitscreen multiplayer? 3) Worse, as good, or better than BL1?
^ 1) = Yes...I play alone, and I love it.
2) = Never play multi-player....don't know
3) = Better than BL1....it's like they improved on everything.
BTW If you like Borderlands, then you might want to try Dead Island. It plays very similar, except that there is a bigger emphasis on melee weapons (although you do get some guns later on)...and it involves zombies. Other than that, it play a LOT like Borderlands... 4-selectable characters Skill trees Large open maps to explore, and you can travel between them NPC's give side-quests Weapons have color-coded system (white, green, blue, purple, orange) You deal damage as a number percentage, based on weapon stats enemies re-spawn over time New game + and so on.
Dead Island is good, I don't think it's like borderlands though. Lots of games have skill trees. And borderlands is more "guns", in DI you don't use guns very often because only the humans drop ammo, it's more about melee weapons and such.
3) Worse, as good, or better than BL1? Overall it's better, however the BL1 DLC destroys the BL2 DLC
1) Is there going to be a GOTY edition soon with all dlc? I wanna buy it now :) All of the DLC isn't even released yet so not for a while
2) How much is there in terms of replayability? (NG+???) There's a NG+ mode called True Vault Hunter Mode you unlock after you clear the game. You start the game over with your level and gear and you play through it again with stronger monsters
3) How long is the main story?
bout 25 hours skipping all the optional stuff.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics. http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg