This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games similar to Castlevania : Lords of Shadows

#1DarKxReckoninGPosted 3/12/2013 7:31:16 PM
I just picked this game up today, and I'm really enjoying it. I've played GoW 1-2 on PS2, and plan on getting the Saga and Ascension sometime in the near future, but I'm really enjoying this game.

it's got a level based game progression, it's not insanely linear, it opens up in some areas, but it's not open action like a lot of games now.

It's got a skill progression system, similar to DMC series, the usual gather an particular exp type and upgrade your abilities.

It has a pretty cool story, and good graphics, with an old school platformer feeling to it as the camera can't be moved.

I find myself getting frustrated at this game in ways I USED to get frustrated, where I don't get angry, I just get flustered because of something, which in the end, was usually my fault.

Is there any games like this current gen?

After writing this it makes me seem like I hate the new type of actions games, and I don't. I love the DMC series, and the reboot, I love MGR:R, and hack and slash in general, I just like the vibe I'm getting from CV:LoS, it's old school feeling.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me
#2Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/12/2013 7:33:28 PM(edited)
God of War 3 and Ascension.

In fact, it's modeled after the God of War series.

Maybe Dante's Inferno too.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#3Brocken_JrPosted 3/12/2013 7:32:18 PM
lament of innocence and mirror of fate on 3ds, thats all i can think of that isnt god of war.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7l4dTjzR2Q
#4DarKxReckoninG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:32:34 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
God of War: Ascension.

In fact, it's modeled after the God of War series.

Noted.

Next.
---
Add me
#5TriangleMasherPosted 3/12/2013 7:33:13 PM
Lords of Shadow 2
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
#6FiendingHardPosted 3/12/2013 7:36:09 PM
GoW Saga + Ascension

Dante's Inferno

Bayonetta/DMC HD Collection/Ninja Gaiden 2 to an extent in the sense that they have a deeper combat system but are more action games whereas LoS copies the GoW formula which is a healthy blend of action and adventure.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Spec Ops: The Line, Final Fantasy 9.
#7iamthemovie2Posted 3/12/2013 8:41:24 PM
I would suggest Darksiders since everyone already mentioned everything else.
---
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4409/trapinchzn2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0zz1l.gif
#8DarKxReckoninG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:04:10 PM
I said I was going to be getting GoWS+A and I will pick up Dantes Inferno.

I just played GoW1 and 2 on the PS2 about a year ago, back to back, at a friends, and I remember it feeling different than this game. Oh well. I've played both Darksiders games for about 10 hours each, but never finished them, mainly because DS2 was stolen from me, and DS1 was overtaken by some other releases that year right after or something.

I need to get DS 1 and 2 for PS3, they are some awesome games.

Anyways, maybe it's just the settings Castlevania is giving me, I'm enjoying this game 100% right now. I'm enjoying this game as much, and at points more than MGR:R. That is probably due to my inferiortiy at Parrying that mother****ing Blade Dog on Hard mode.

I am stuck 20 minutes into the game, after trying maybe 5 times on the Blade Dog. I play all my games on Hard to start, and eventually I'll get Parrying down. I actually stopped playing MGR to start this earlier, and I might take a break to play that again.
---
Add me
#9NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/12/2013 9:14:27 PM
If you liked MGR:R, Bayonetta would be the perfect fit.

Ninja Gaiden 2 & DMC4 are probably too complex for you.
Even though technically some of the harder fights in Castlevania are patterned after NG games (when you have to block & dodge enemies).
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#10DarKxReckoninG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 9:23:33 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
If you liked MGR:R, Bayonetta would be the perfect fit.

Ninja Gaiden 2 & DMC4 are probably too complex for you.
Even though technically some of the harder fights in Castlevania are patterned after NG games (when you have to block & dodge enemies).

?

I may be rusty, but I have completed every DMC game, excluding the reboot on the hardest difficulties, multiple times. I probably spent most of my time with the series in 3. I don't know if the post above made it seem different, but honestly I will chalk most of my MGR:R difficulty to me not grasping the idea of parrying. I understand how to do it, but on the mentioned Boss, the Blade Dog, it's seems when I parry, which is almost every attack, he jumps back, and I don't get a chance to attack. That's why I feel like I'm doing it wrong. In terms of difficulty, I can do it, I always play a game on the hardest, and when a harder option opens, I go for that.

Ninja Gaiden 2, it was ok. I enjoyed 1, but I've never been a big fan of the series, they all have great gameplay, minus 3, in my opinion.

DMC was awesome.

I just feel rusty really, I've been playing MGS for the last week, and before that, Dark Souls and Skyrim and FFXIII, and Minecraft for ages haha.

Need to get my groove back.
---
Add me