This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games similar to Castlevania : Lords of Shadows

#11PhaseSlaethePosted 3/12/2013 10:24:46 PM
Protip bro -

Bladewolf doesn't let you Just Parry him.

Parry is also Block, and in Bladewolf's case, you are just blocking his attacks. Unless you've got him against a wall, you won't have a hit op unless you chase him down.
#12flame030191Posted 3/12/2013 10:26:21 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
God of War 3 and Ascension.

In fact, it's modeled after the God of War series.

Maybe Dante's Inferno too.

These are all you need. Any other games of the style, and you will be disappointed.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#13DarKxReckoninG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 10:36:14 PM
I just realized what I was doing wrong, which was everything. I didn't know it was possible to parry / block early, which negates the damage, but also lets enemies, even Geckos dodge back with no effect on either parties. In Blade Wolfs case, I just restarted the game earlier to play through it again to grasp it more, and paused at Blade Wolf, I posted my previous post, unpaused, and S ranked the fight with no damage. I completely get it now and feel utterly idiotic for missing that.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me
#14NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/12/2013 10:45:38 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
If you liked MGR:R, Bayonetta would be the perfect fit.

Ninja Gaiden 2 & DMC4 are probably too complex for you.
Even though technically some of the harder fights in Castlevania are patterned after NG games (when you have to block & dodge enemies).

?

I may be rusty, but I have completed every DMC game, excluding the reboot on the hardest difficulties, multiple times. I probably spent most of my time with the series in 3. I don't know if the post above made it seem different, but honestly I will chalk most of my MGR:R difficulty to me not grasping the idea of parrying. I understand how to do it, but on the mentioned Boss, the Blade Dog, it's seems when I parry, which is almost every attack, he jumps back, and I don't get a chance to attack. That's why I feel like I'm doing it wrong. In terms of difficulty, I can do it, I always play a game on the hardest, and when a harder option opens, I go for that.

Ninja Gaiden 2, it was ok. I enjoyed 1, but I've never been a big fan of the series, they all have great gameplay, minus 3, in my opinion.

DMC was awesome.

I just feel rusty really, I've been playing MGS for the last week, and before that, Dark Souls and Skyrim and FFXIII, and Minecraft for ages haha.

Need to get my groove back.

Welp, you played pretty much every good action game this gen then.
The only other action games I could recommend would be PS2 & Xbox games & none of them play exactly like Castlevania LOS either..
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#15DarKxReckoninG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 10:53:56 PM
Eh, I'm over it. I've got MGR:R, I'm picking up GoW: S tomorrow, and Ascension when I finish them all, which will make it cheaper. I am also going to grab Dantes Inferno, Lord of Shadows 2 comes out soon.

I just got my PS3 one month ago and I already have a damn backlog of games.

I still have Peace Walker, FFXIII, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, MGR:R, Castlevania, Ico & Shadow, and all the events in MotorStorm to complete.
---
PSN ID : xDarKxRecknoninGx
Add me