This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gameplay like dissidia?

#21doraemonllh1989Posted 3/13/2013 10:46:25 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
dissidia sucks. just another fighting game for square to milk

stop trolling
---
I like good games
#22kewldude475Posted 3/13/2013 10:53:04 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
toadieman posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
dissidia sucks. just another fighting game for square to milk

There's just 2 games.

With a RRP of just 29.99 Euros too.
Although, they are 3, since the original FINAL FANTASY, 012 and 013 are the same story.

They could have easily created 11 more Dissidias too.

Costs 20 dollars.

Also, the Dissidia games are EASILY some of the best games on PSP, and some of the best FF seen (outside of Japan) this gen.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#23kupo1705Posted 3/13/2013 10:57:04 PM
If you like Dissidia, you'll probably like Aliens: CM.
#24sephiroth068Posted 3/13/2013 11:04:34 PM
kupo1705 posted...

although i know youre trolling, this is true for me funnily enough, even though Aliens: Colonial Marines is not that good while Dissidia is probably one of the best spin off Final Fantasy games ever made and Final Fantasy game in general
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#25kupo1705Posted 3/13/2013 11:10:09 PM
sephiroth068 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

although i know youre trolling, this is true for me funnily enough, even though Aliens: Colonial Marines is not that good while Dissidia is probably one of the best spin off Final Fantasy games ever made and Final Fantasy game in general

Trolling? I'm being generous when comparing it to A:CM.
#26sephiroth068Posted 3/13/2013 11:14:09 PM
well you believe what you want, because even you would know that objectively Dissidia Final Fantasy is a much better constructed game than Aliens: Colonial Marines
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#27kupo1705Posted 3/13/2013 11:39:32 PM
Not really.
#28NashtheLionPosted 3/13/2013 11:47:54 PM
Ehergiez
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#29sephiroth068Posted 3/13/2013 11:51:13 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Not really.

Let's agree to disagree.
---
#30Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/14/2013 3:25:45 AM
sephiroth068 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
@sephiroth068

Thanks for giving your opinion in a respectful manner.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of piece-it-yourself puzzle plots, like Dissidia's, Kingdom Heart's, Dirge of Cerberus', and Nier's, and (along MGSaga) FINAL FANTASY is a way of life to me.
The original FINAL FANTASY is my absolute favorite Main FINAL FANTASY installment.
Dissidia is a huge Tribute to FINAL FANTASY as a whole, the biggest Tribute any entertainment Media has ever seen imo. Also, it is a sequel/prequel to my beloved original FINAL FANTASY.

Duodecim is actually my favorite videogame of all time, outside MGSaga, so you can understand my passion for it.

The fact that after 20 years from FINAL FANTASY (Dissidia came in FINAL FANTASY's 20th Anniversary), a game was released that explained the ancient war, Lukhan, the Ritual, Garland, the origins of the Dark Crystal Garland used, Onrac, and above all, Cid of the Lufaine and the mindblowing fact that our Blue Warrior of Light from the original FINAL FANTASY (or even all. TBC) is the physical recreated body of the first Cid ever, was amazing to me. To any huge FINAL FANTASY fan really.

Stuff like the Shinryuu, backstory behind Lufenia, etc, were also amazing.

The unbelievably great & unique gameplay (really, an Action RPG with fighting elements? And that awesome execution!), deep content, deep multiplayer, technical achievement, and the unrivaled Tribute, was a luxurious extra.

Maybe the presentation could be better (it was on PSP after all), and Online multiplayer would make it Godly, but these are trivial stuff for a Project's first iteration.

No problem. Glad I could give my opinion on a game that I enjoy without being attacked for it for not sharing the same views

I do agree with you though, I like what Dissidia added to the series despite the fact that it was a fighting game spin-off. All that stuff mentioned in the reports was good stuff to read despite my opinion of it feeling rather disconnected from the main game (i too love piece-it-yourself-puzzle plots, especially when they are done well, which Dissidia while not perfect, is not too bad at it at all, i just think KH did it better). I also like the fact that it does work as a kind of prequel to the original Final Fantasy, or even as a reimagining/remake of sorts due to the way the story progresses.

I also would've enjoyed proper online for it...that wouldve made the game MUCH better and its why I think the game could benefit from a PS3 HD release

It's definitely not perfect, it has numerous flaws (imo). But it's a masterpiece (imo).

And don't mind that guy, he's just one of the many wannabe fans. Seriously, just see the posts he makes in every possible FINAL FANTASY topic lol.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world