This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider - PS3 or PC?

#1TakeItInTheFacePosted 3/13/2013 9:55:15 AM
What's the verdict on this? Anybody out there play both versions?
---
Collection of Cool - www.youtube.com/vza036
Ninja Babes - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninja-Babes/372736152833922
#2_tanjil_Posted 3/13/2013 9:59:42 AM(edited)
I tried it on my friends PC and my PS3, if you don't care about trophies and you have a good PC then yeah PC. It looked a lot better on my friends PC. Otherwise you know, it's the same game

I don't know about the online...
#3theshovellerPosted 3/13/2013 10:01:08 AM
I heard the PC version was buggy, but they did update it recently. Still not sure how it plays on PCs at this point, but once they get that issue ironed out, probably PC. They have that "TressFX" or whatever it is for her hair - basically, dynamic-moving hair. Other than that, I only noticed one or two spots with significant slowdown at all on the PS3 version.

If you have a good PC, I'd say get it for that. If you don't, then get it for PS3.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#4SteadyingMeatPosted 3/13/2013 10:04:48 AM
PC obviously
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#5RollingCradlePosted 3/13/2013 10:07:18 AM
PC for me, working towards dat GTX Titan baby.
#6este914Posted 3/13/2013 10:07:27 AM
SteadyingMeat posted...
PC obviously

Yea that's what I was going to say. But the game *could* be broken on PC. Who knows.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#7DeathScythe_527Posted 3/13/2013 10:07:50 AM
If you have a good PC get it on that. The environments and everything look great in HD and a smooth framerate.

TressFX is pretty hit or miss really. While it looks nice, it clashes with the atmoosphere of the game.
---
i5-3450 | HD 6870 | 4GB DDR3 | H61MGC | 1TB HDD | PSN: DANomite93
I highly recommend Katawa Shoujo, hits you right in the feels.
#8SteadyingMeatPosted 3/13/2013 10:08:40 AM
este914 posted...
SteadyingMeat posted...
PC obviously

Yea that's what I was going to say. But the game *could* be broken on PC. Who knows.

I guess so, yeah. But don't worry, I've been playing the game on PC and it's totally fine from my experience.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#9RafedxPosted 3/13/2013 10:10:03 AM
theshoveller posted...
I heard the PC version was buggy, but they did update it recently. Still not sure how it plays on PCs at this point, but once they get that issue ironed out, probably PC. They have that "TressFX" or whatever it is for her hair - basically, dynamic-moving hair. Other than that, I only noticed one or two spots with significant slowdown at all on the PS3 version.

If you have a good PC, I'd say get it for that. If you don't, then get it for PS3.

Nvidia owners were having issues, the game was optimized for AMD and I think Nvidia got the code fairly late so they didn't have a whole lot of time to optimize their drivers.

As far as which one is better, the PC version is the best version in so many instances. TressFX which is dynamic hair is absolutely staggering how much better it looks. The game runs better, and lest technical issues.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#10theshovellerPosted 3/13/2013 10:11:23 AM
SteadyingMeat posted...
este914 posted...
SteadyingMeat posted...
PC obviously

I guess so, yeah. But don't worry, I've been playing the game on PC and it's totally fine from my experience.

I want to get it on PC badly, but given the US release didn't have a physical Survival Edition with that figurine, and reading on release day the issues the PC version had, I think I'm going to wait until it's down to maybe $30 or so on a Steam sale to nab it.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"