This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you put Demon Souls system and put it into Dark Soul's world would you?

#1DemonDog666Posted 3/13/2013 12:17:33 PM
Would you put Demon Souls system and put it into Dark Soul's world would you? - Results (18 votes)
Yes
50% (9 votes)
No
38.89% (7 votes)
Only if I could keep the originals
11.11% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If you could take everything about Demon Souls except the maps and put it in Dark Souls world would you? I think I would since Dark Souls made alot of mistakes with the stupid humanity system and poor balancing, not to mention the online lag but it's level design is great, and I pretty much played through Demon Souls a ton of times now so I think I could even live with losing the originals.
#2SigmaHacielPosted 3/13/2013 12:18:51 PM
You mean the item system?

Yeah sure. Refillable flasks got too easily abused. You powered them up super quickly, and you could get like 30 shots of them.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#3DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:21:11 PM(edited)
SigmaHaciel posted...

Yeah sure. Refillable flasks got too easily abused. You powered them up super quickly, and you could get like 30 shots of them.

Item system, soul system, weapon upgrade system, character stats, magic/blessing system everything. Basically just replace the maps in Demon Souls with the ones with Dark Souls.
#4SigmaHacielPosted 3/13/2013 12:22:21 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

Item system, soul system, weapon upgrade system, character stats, magic/blessing system everything. Basically just replace the maps in Demon Souls with the ones with Dark Souls.

No. I wouldn't go that far.

Especially since you are talking about some systems that are virtually identical ANYWAY.

The upgrading did become pointless, and magic was broken to **** in Dark Souls, but that isn't something to be replaced with Demon Souls, where they weren't exactly any better.
---
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#5DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:25:03 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...

Especially since you are talking about some systems that are virtually identical ANYWAY.

The upgrading did become pointless, and magic was broken to **** in Dark Souls, but that isn't something to be replaced with Demon Souls, where they weren't exactly any better.

They are several key differences weapon system was balanced in Demon Souls wasn't in Dark Souls, magic only was impossible in Dark souls because no way to replenish charges where in Demon Souls you had mana regen on your weapons if you were a magic user, the online was massively better in Demon Souls, the soul system is far better then the humanity system ect.

I don't think the magic system in Demon Souls was better, it wasn't broken a little overpowered maybe but not like Dark Souls.
#6SigmaHacielPosted 3/13/2013 12:26:34 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

They are several key differences weapon system was balanced in Demon Souls wasn't in Dark Souls, magic only was impossible in Dark souls because no way to replenish charges where in Demon Souls you had mana regen on your weapons if you were a magic user, the online was massively better in Demon Souls, the soul system is far better then the humanity system ect.

I don't think the magic system in Demon Souls was better, it wasn't broken a little overpowered maybe but not like Dark Souls.

Except in early Dark Souls, you didn't need "mana".

Your 3 shots of Fireball would decimate every boss. And then 5 steps away BOOM. Fire altar or whatever it was.

The Soul System wasn't even replaced by the Humanity System, so WTF there.
---
#7DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:52:44 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...

Your 3 shots of Fireball would decimate every boss. And then 5 steps away BOOM. Fire altar or whatever it was.

Try hosting a game in the forest your charges will run out fast when facing multiple invasions in pvp and there's no way to recharge also you can't use magic as a main attack when going through a level sure it's fine on bosses but general monsters no so much.

There is no soul system in dark souls and the humanity system sucks.
#8SigmaHacielPosted 3/13/2013 12:59:21 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

Try hosting a game in the forest your charges will run out fast when facing multiple invasions in pvp and there's no way to recharge also you can't use magic as a main attack when going through a level sure it's fine on bosses but general monsters no so much.

There is no soul system in dark souls and the humanity system sucks.

We don't level up using SOULS in Dark Souls?

News to me. You just failed.

Also, you CAN use magic as your main. You don't get just one magic spell in your loadout.
---
#9TriangleMasherPosted 3/13/2013 1:05:13 PM
Duping Dark Moon Grass and Old Spice is way more broken than limited Estus Flask usage and limited sorcery/miracle usage.
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
#10SoaringDivePosted 3/13/2013 1:14:25 PM
No. A game about player skill shouldn't allow grass/spice grinding. These are hardcore games, not Farmville. Leveling up should be taken out too, promotes more casual tendencies.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive