This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So someone else might have gotten my PS3.....(USPS)

#1ValzacardXPosted 3/13/2013 8:42:03 PM
Ordered a PS3 off of eBay to replace the one that died on me. Ordered on Friday(my birthday) and it was suppose to be here today. Was tracking the package and went to a friends house for a bit. While I'm there it says it's out for delivery. Get home at a little after 6:30pm and check the tracking again. Says it was delivered at 6:03pm -_- ask my sister or mom was there any packaged delivered. Nobody came to the door. Now I know 90% of the time "UPS" gets to my house anywhere between 6:00 and 8:30, but I'm not familiar with "USPS" besides my daily mail(which was in at 11:00 am). Looking around on the net I guess sometimes this happens and the package is usually delivered next day but the thought of this maybe being the first time someone might have walked of with it, or it was delivered to the wrong house is KILLING me.

Anyone have any advice, similar situations? By the time I called USPS all I could get was the automated message and it was/is to late to call, and all I could do was send an email.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#2justchill433Posted 3/13/2013 8:46:25 PM
They might have dropped it off on the doorstep without anybody noticing and somebody stole it from there. It's happened to me before. If you don't receive it tomorrow then complain to USPS. If somebody was actually home then they should have at least rung a doorbell and I believe they would be responsible.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#3killakPosted 3/13/2013 8:48:24 PM
You were tracking it, and you went out?
---
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes
#4RyuuHou25Posted 3/13/2013 8:49:39 PM
I'm not in the US and I have no idea if you live in apartments, condo, an actual house, all of that....

But I know in Canada, if they are allowed/instructed to, they will simply leave certain parcels at your doorstep....just sitting there. However, generally, they will leave a notice saying you can pick up at so and so location.

But if they leave it there, then yeah, they consider it delivered and out of their hands, and if someone swipes it, that's pretty much on you.

Also, and this annoys me to no end, sometimes postal people will knock once or twice or ring the doorbell once and if you don't answer within about 10 seconds, they assume you're not there and start writing the thing up or just leave it automatically and off they go!

So it's quite possible they did (or your mail person was a jerk and didn't even knock, you can't really prove they didn't) and your mom/sis didn't hear, and in the...25 ish minutes it was sitting there, someone swiped it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5Thermador446Posted 3/13/2013 8:55:17 PM
killak posted...

Sometimes people have stuff to do.
12+ hours is a pretty good chunk of the day if you stay around waiting all day.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#6ValzacardX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:56:11 PM

I had people at the house who were expecting it -_- and I do so all the times and never have a problem.

I'm not in the US and I have no idea if you live in apartments, condo, an actual house, all of that....

I live in a house. Packages are sometimes left on the porch no problem, but on occasion I'll go check the porch and there's one there, where I never even hear a attempt at a knock on the door. Usually it only happens with fed ex, or the none regular UPS guy who is awesome, and knocks, rings the hell out of your door bell plus leaves a notice if no one is there.

From what I heard is that it should have came with my regular mail, but I'm not sure as it's my first time having something shipped with USPS.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#7SayoriaPosted 3/13/2013 9:00:40 PM
Wouldn't someone have had to sign for it? I'd call USPS tomorrow and see if it was signed for somewhere.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#8WarhawkPosted 3/13/2013 9:01:43 PM
I'm not sure how a package through USPS works on delivery since I have a P.O. Box and just go up to the Post Office to pick it up once it arrives though it depends on what I order if they can fit it in the box or not.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#9brycemorrPosted 3/13/2013 9:03:28 PM
Nine times out ten when you see the delievered it means an attempt was made. Chances are no one was home when your mail carrier showed up. Just wait for your mail carrier and talk to him tomorrow.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#10Impaired MedicPosted 3/13/2013 9:05:04 PM
USPS gets their tracking info wrong all the time. My stuff always says it's been delivered, but it doesn't actually get delivered until the following day. Literally every single time I've used USPS this has happened.
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.