This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nintendo found guilty of Sony's patent infringement over glasses-free 3D.

#11JiZamez(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:21:46 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
killak posted...
It's a patent owned by an ex-sony employee, not Sony.

And why is when a topic about Sony getting sued, people roll their eyes, but if anyone else is.........then justice is being served?

Double standards or something, I suppose. Not entirely sure why this is something the every-day person should even care about, it's not like we're getting anything from it.

Definitely agree but it's still Sony news, which is the main reason I even like this forum and I figure others may be interested as well. It's my source for finding out what's going on with the company or third parties. Don't shoot the messenger, people. lol
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#12PhaseSlaethePosted 3/14/2013 7:53:32 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Proof that Nintendo cannot innovate.

Proof of Sony Defense Idjit.

The jury of that case should be shot. If someone patented the breathing method every human uses, would he be retroactively due for about 79 gajillion dollars. 144 million chickens, etc?
#13dj___rollPosted 3/14/2013 9:51:16 AM
Quote:It's a patent owned by an ex-sony employee, not Sony.

And why is when a topic about Sony getting sued, people roll their eyes, but if anyone else is.........then justice is being served?

@killak

Don't you start generalizing like an idiot too. You know better than that. It depends who makes the topic. I've seen plenty of topics say the say thing about Sony and MS as this does about Nintendo.

Just correct them and move on. Biased people will always be biased. And stupid lawsuits will constantly happen.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#14dj___rollPosted 3/14/2013 9:52:44 AM
Quote:SolidKnight posted...
Proof that Nintendo cannot innovate.

Proof of Sony Defense Idjit.

The jury of that case should be shot. If someone patented the breathing method every human uses, would he be retroactively due for about 79 gajillion dollars. 144 million chickens, etc?

@PhaseSlaethe

I just patented breathing. Going to cost you $0.05 for every breath you take!
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#15xbs2034Posted 3/14/2013 10:00:40 AM
In the end, Nintendo just has to pay $30 million, and as they say it won't affect the 3DS in any way. If the inventor had gotten a % of money off each 3DS sold, that could be a big issue, but given how much is invested in systems and how much money they make for companies like Nintendo and Sony, this is probably like a traffic ticket for us (as large as the amount of money actually seems) and not enough incentive for companies to really change things.