This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

tell me about these games

#1mcmo21Posted 3/14/2013 4:46:59 AM
ive heard nothing but good things from these games

fall out
skyrim
far cry 3
bioshock
mass effect

may be interested in buying these how good are they?
#2JohnHitman47Posted 3/14/2013 5:06:25 AM
fall out- don't know.
Skyrim- terrible combat, terrible story.
Far cry 3- beautiful game.
Bioshock- Good game can't say much.
Mass efect- great series with great story.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#3RafedxPosted 3/14/2013 5:11:00 AM
mcmo21 posted...

fall out
skyrim
far cry 3
bioshock
mass effect

Fallout and Skyrim are similar style games, they are both extremely open world, many quests and many different ways to complete the game. The game is more about being immersed in the world rather then gripping combat. Amazing games, I and many others have poured many hours into both of these games.

FarCry 3, for me it was fun till about half way through he game something happened in the story and I immediately lost interest, it wasn't good that I was already getting bored doing the same things over and over again. The gameplay is nothing really special but the game is gorgeous and the animals are very unique to this game. I ended up selling the title.

Bioshock, is a great first person shooter. The story and location are what sets this game apart from many other FPS, the combat is fun and the enemies are well done. Great game and pretty cheap at this point.

Mass Effect, the entire series is a great RPG that ties into one another through importing your saves. You have a lot of control when it comes to choices however in most cases if you do not go full paragon or full renegade you will miss story elements and be locked out of some important choices forcing you to take the worst decisions.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#4Shadowrider70Posted 3/14/2013 5:14:05 AM
mcmo21 posted...

fall out
skyrim
far cry 3
bioshock
mass effect

Fallout - You're in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with Super Mutants, Raiders, and much more.
Skyrim - Fighting Dragons to save the world. Some pretty fun stuff, but can get boring if played for extensive amounts of time.
Far Cry 3 - Really good FPS, probably the best I've played to date. I recommend it fully.
Bioshock - Fun. I can;t say much for it, but I know it's pretty fun.
Mass Effect - Great Trilogy with nice gameplay, and a good story.

I'd recommend all of them. I've enjoyed them all. At the least you should get Far Cry 3 and Mass Effect.
---
I can promise you this.... I'm not trolling...
The official Odin of the Final Fantasy XV board
#5stawg007Posted 3/14/2013 5:19:30 AM
All are excellent and must plays except for Mass Effect

Most overrated mediocre new IP this gen
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#6theshovellerPosted 3/14/2013 5:55:49 AM
Fallout - First-person Action RPG made by the guys who did Oblivion and Skyrim. Basic premise is the world was destroyed after WWIII, nukes irradiated the whole planet, and now, 200-some years later (maybe even more) it's about the survivors trying to get by. Fallout 3 puts you in the role of a "vault kid," AKA someone who grew up in the anti-radiation vaults they made before the war, and who has to leave and explore the area around Washington, DC. Fallout New Vegas puts you in the shoes of someone who grew up outside the vaults, as a courier for the... was it Navajo Express? Anyway, takes place around Las Vegas (which is now called "New Vegas.") Has a retro-future 50's vibe to them - high-tech robots, but made with vacuum tubes and such.

Skyrim - One of the Elder Scrolls games. Action-RPG that's classless - you want to make a giant berserker guy who slings fireballs, go for it. Want to wear heavy armor and use a bow? Do it. Light armor and be a brawler who uses hammers? Do it. Has a very "Viking-ish" feel due to the location of the game's events - mountains, snow, people with Norwegian-style accents, that sort of thing.

Far Cry 3 - I've heard good things. First-person shooter where you're on an island, not sure of too much beyond that other than there's bad guys with guns who try to kill you. It's open-world, as far as I know, with more than just shooting to kill time.

Bioshock - First-person shooter with some unique elements, like being able to pick and choose upgrades you acquire. Very story-based, takes place in the 60's, has a sort of steampunk vibe to it. Basic premise is a philanthropist made an "underwater utopia" named Rapture for scientists, scholars, and artists to come and work without constraints of any sort - no judgement, no prejudice, no "that's morally wrong to do!" stuff. Something happens, and that's where you start the game.

Mass Effect - Great trilogy of shooter-RPGs. First one's more RPG-ish than the second and third (which are more shooter-style.) You make choices in the three games that affect the overall ending in some way. Like others said, try to stick to either "good only" or "bad only" choices in the first two games - the third one's fixed the big problem they had with more morally gray characters not having enough Paragon or Renegade points to make certain options available (as now they just pool together with a breakdown of how much of each you acquired.)
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"