This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If they ever remake ff7 they should leave out SPOILERS

#51AlltraPosted 3/14/2013 1:32:28 PM
Their humor doesn't amuse me.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#52bartz90Posted 3/14/2013 2:04:24 PM
Alltra posted...
"The cross dressing part. Stuff like that was funny back in the 90s..."

No, it wasn't, it was {Bleeping} stupid and pointless as hell. {Bleeping} J-RPGs and their goddamn stupidity. How can a set of games be so epic, and yet so horrible at the same time? Should call the damn things J-HRPGs. (Jekyll and Hyde)

Come on guys this is sad. If you don't like it that's fine but stop trying to twist the game into your vision. You want it to be Gears of Final Fantasy, no humor, no dull moments, all epic seriousness all the time.

You want the game to be more "epic" than it actually is and to fit your vision of what that is. You're like the Zelda fans who hated Wind Waker for its "childishness" and cried until Twilight Princess came out which was basically a clone of Ocarina of Time because those fans wanted a "dark, adult and mature" Zelda.

Cait Sith and the cross dressing scene is all part of the game. It's a whole package. People say it doesn't fit, yes it does fit. Cait Sith is a weird Japanese thing and that fits because that's part of the games background and because they intended it to be there.

The cross dressing thing is considered classic humor not just in Japanese society but in cultures across the world. I don't find it very funny but I don't b***h that it needs to be cut out because it ruins my view of what Cloud is or some nonsense.

If you like FF7 but only for what you think it should be and not what it is, that's your problem.
---
-
#53majin nemesisPosted 3/14/2013 2:06:55 PM
theshoveller posted...
Alltra posted...
"The cross dressing part. Stuff like that was funny back in the 90s..."

No, it wasn't, it was {Bleeping} stupid and pointless as hell. {Bleeping} J-RPGs and their goddamn stupidity. How can a set of games be so epic, and yet so horrible at the same time? Should call the damn things J-HRPGs. (Jekyll and Hyde)

In defense of the cross-dressing bit, there were (or are?) quite a few animes and mangas in Japan where "girl-like guys" are commonplace. Robotech's third season (I think it was Mospedia or something in Japan?) had a crossdresser as a main character. Tekkaman Blade II had something that I honestly have no idea if it was a man or a woman to this very day - long hair, looked feminine, but had a somewhat man-ish voice and I think was referred to as a man by another character. Dragonball Z had Freeza which was more androgynous than Pat from those old SNL skits.

Maybe the Japanese are like the British and just enjoy seeing men in dresses. Yes, that's a humorous jab at the stereotype, and I really hope nobody takes offense at that.

there's also Ranma 1/2
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#54KurizakaPosted 3/14/2013 2:31:18 PM
They shouldn't take anything out.
#55AnonUnknownPosted 3/14/2013 2:37:23 PM
If they ever remake FF7 hopefully it ain't gonna be remade.
#56qwertyMrJINXPosted 3/14/2013 3:21:27 PM
Why would I even buy a FF7 remake if I don't get to see sexy Cloud in a dress in HD?
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#57Castiel39Posted 3/14/2013 3:44:48 PM
And they could definetly change that part in some way. I don't know how many version of Zack's death have been already told (and Crisis Core version was hands down the best, it's kind of pathetic that a first class Soldier gets killed by just three random soldiers)