This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGR Fan and I just played the NG3 Razor's Edge demo...

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 3/14/2013 6:48:56 AM
Now I love MGR and always will...(Especially with the new DLC coming)...but anyway...

I can't say I've played through any NG in my 20 years of playing video games, don't ask why, I just never really did.

So my understanding is that NG3 was abysmal and Razor's Edge is an effort of redemption for that game. I really can't comment since I didn't play the original 3, but what I can say is that I enjoyed this demo a great deal.

Enemies on normal were very challenging, the weapon variety looks like its going to be pretty awesome, the framerate and graphics were crisp and the way you killed enemies was pretty satisfying for someone who's been using intuitive and dynamic Blade Mode on enemies in MGR.

Nice amount of gore and dismemberment here.

Some people say its still inferior to past NG games and again, I can't comment on that and that may just be a blessing.

I feel that if you're a NG newcomer like me who doesn't have the ability to compare to previous NG games and is able to just play Razor's Edge for exactly what it is, you'll enjoy this. Definitely picking this up at some point.
---
Gamefaqs T-shirt? I wouldn't wipe my ass with one let alone wear one.
#2Bayonetta_Posted 3/14/2013 7:20:55 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Now I love MGR and always will...(Especially with the new DLC coming)...but anyway...

I can't say I've played through any NG in my 20 years of playing video games, don't ask why, I just never really did.

So my understanding is that NG3 was abysmal and Razor's Edge is an effort of redemption for that game. I really can't comment since I didn't play the original 3, but what I can say is that I enjoyed this demo a great deal.

Enemies on normal were very challenging, the weapon variety looks like its going to be pretty awesome, the framerate and graphics were crisp and the way you killed enemies was pretty satisfying for someone who's been using intuitive and dynamic Blade Mode on enemies in MGR.

Some people say its still inferior to past NG games and again, I can't comment on that and that may just be a blessing.

I feel that if you're a NG newcomer like me who doesn't have the ability to compare to previous NG games and is able to just play Razor's Edge for exactly what it is, you'll enjoy this. Definitely picking this up at some point.

1. Enemies aren't challenging they are cheap evading grab whores. Any noob programmer can make such A.I like that.
2. Gore looked tacky compared to western games.
3. True fans don't waste time on Hayashi's crappy games.
#3_tanjil_Posted 3/14/2013 7:21:47 AM
yeah I never really got into the series much either (played through sigma 2 a couple of times, never got good at it), that's what makes any game more enjoyable if it's worse than it's predecessors

But from what I understand vanilla NG3 didn't have variety of weapons to use and didn't have 3 extra playable characters

The difficulty of the old games on higher difficulties were insane. People say demon souls is hard... NG took it to another level
#4Bayonetta_Posted 3/14/2013 7:31:16 AM
_tanjil_ posted...
yeah I never really got into the series much either (played through sigma 2 a couple of times, never got good at it), that's what makes any game more enjoyable if it's worse than it's predecessors

But from what I understand vanilla NG3 didn't have variety of weapons to use and didn't have 3 extra playable characters

The difficulty of the old games on higher difficulties were insane. People say demon souls is hard... NG took it to another level

Itagaki's games took skill.
Hayashi's games are just luck based designed to punish you for no reason.
#5plus1zeroPosted 3/14/2013 7:33:02 AM
As a huge NG fan, NG3 is abysmal. As a huge NG fan, NG3:RE is awesome.

The games aren't too hard on normal, you have to get good at it to beat it on hard or higher. It's not cheap, either. I could beat the majority of NG2 fights on master ninja without any trouble, you just have to learn how to play.
#6flame030191Posted 3/14/2013 7:33:17 AM
U mad Ninja Gaiden (save NG3) was always better than Bayonetta?
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#7fedor-machinePosted 3/14/2013 7:38:41 AM
Bayonetta_ posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

1. Enemies aren't challenging they are cheap evading grab whores. Any noob programmer can make such A.I like that.
2. Gore looked tacky compared to western games.
3. True fans don't waste time on Hayashi's crappy games.

before you even quote somebody, make sure to make an unbiased username.

tc was a new comer and some old fans still like it. some hate it.
i am an old NG fan, i wasn't really impressed by NG3RE but yes it was definitively way better than the original NG3 come out last year on PS3 and X360.
i've already owned the Wii U version. they just pot it back to PS3 and Xbox 360 because it sold like crap on Wii U even thought it was better on Wii U but the old fans were still on PS3 and X360 based.

you all new comers are lucky, you guys got to pay $40 and get everything, all playable characters, a better game than last year, all weapons, and also new costumes add to it as well as an extra devil Hayabusa costume too.
#8RaengPosted 3/14/2013 12:40:09 PM
If you've never played a NG game then this is indeed quite the introduction, but only because you haven't ever played a NG games. The irony is that NG3:RE is spit upon by people who enjoyed the previous games, they were just that much better. Both in polish and content.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#9EseenuzPosted 3/14/2013 12:42:26 PM
love the demo, gonna get the game probably
#10EseenuzPosted 3/14/2013 12:43:44 PM
I've played the first two NG games and have em on my Vita aswell