This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone feel like QTE just breaks the immersion during cutscenes?

#21RollingCradlePosted 3/14/2013 7:06:26 PM
Really annoying trying to enjoy a potentially cool cutscene when suddenly a button icon pops up outta nowhere.
#22shinra35800Posted 3/14/2013 7:15:00 PM
Ppl complained about long cutscenes. Wished they controlled more of the game. QTE are added to soothe this 'ache'. Ppl complain about QTE. Developers just need to ignore fans altogether just like the good ol' days. Maybe then we can get more good games again.
#23BeknessPosted 3/14/2013 7:15:56 PM
I feel the same, very hard to focus when you're readying up to press buttons.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
ill have quick shower now babe SHOWER KEEPS ME WARM UNLIKE UR COLD HEART
#24kingofall214Posted 3/14/2013 7:17:02 PM
Kage_AM2 posted...
QTEs break the immerson of everything.

This
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#25nihilist212Posted 3/14/2013 7:17:10 PM
They do sometimes. When the prompts are mid screen. I like them in GOW 3 and A cause they're on the edges of the screen.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#26wigsplasherPosted 3/14/2013 7:35:38 PM
I feel the opposite is true. It creates immersion

---
3D gaming is overrated
#27FiharPosted 3/15/2013 11:40:44 AM(edited)
Well if it was an action scene wouldn't it actually increases your immersion?
You having to react in the same way your ingame avatar is reacting?

CC2 usually does a good job with QTEs. Those epic boss battles in the Naruto games are simply amazing.
---
And at once I knew, I was not magnificent
#28Merc123Posted 3/15/2013 12:52:37 PM
I do like CC2's quick time events in Naruto and Asura's Wrath. The action sequences are so over the top that i like feeling like i am doing something while playing them.

Asura vs Augus was one i really liked. Just hammering away on the button while they are exchanging punches. http://youtu.be/fucOC7YgaYY?t=2m10s

Also i like in the Asura's wrath DLC when the final boss gets his own quick time events and starts failing them when your beating him.
#29GawdDawgsPosted 3/15/2013 1:01:58 PM
I feel the same way, TC. They usually break the immersion for me, which is the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Their purpose is rather flawed. I'm not really part of the action if I'm only paying attention to annoying button prompts.

Very few games do them right, and even the ones that do, I could do without. Honestly, I can't believe games still use them.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#30Darth_KamcioPosted 3/15/2013 2:07:33 PM
I think they are good. I mean, let's take Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.

You've got a torture cutscene. In order to endure the torture, you must mash the triangle button very quickly. It makes you tired and want the torture to end.

Now imagine that without the QTE.

You just watch Snake getting electrocuted and think "yeah, he's the main hero and stuff, he won't break, let's get this over with...".

See the difference?
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072